The Student Room Group

Met my online boyfriend recently ... it was awkward:

Hiya,

My names Jacob and recently I met my online boyfriend in-person and it was really really awkward most of the day since I guess we were both shocked - I don't know.

We're meeting again soon in December and I'm anxious as to whether it'll be awkward again.

Any advice?!

I do love him and he loves me too so don't think we were put off - it's just that I need confidence advice. :smile:

- Jacob
Personally, I don’t think you can love someone until you get to know them in real life. How old are you?
Reply 2
Original post by YaliaV123
Personally, I don’t think you can love someone until you get to know them in real life. How old are you?

Recently turned 17.
Original post by r/milk
Recently turned 17.

You don’t need to proclaim your love to someone straight away and putting too much pressure on a relationship will make things awkward. Just enjoy the process.
In short, yes it will be awkward again, sitting saying you're in love with someone you've never met and barely know is setting the bar ridiculously high with no room for error.

The whole point of 'dating' is getting to properly know someone, most people do that FIRST.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Yeah, you're right. I was just worried since I've been talking to him online since year 6 and we actually met so it just felt weird and started dating recently. :smile: Thanks for the response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending