The Student Room Group

Santander 2021 Graduate Programme

I have a VI for Santander Corporate Banking Grad scheme. Has anyone had one of these? How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UFEHSIU
I have a VI for Santander Corporate Banking Grad scheme. Has anyone had one of these? How did it go?

I also have a VI for the Corporate Banking Grad scheme but haven't received the link yet! Have you completed yours yet?
Reply 2
Original post by imjustjess
I also have a VI for the Corporate Banking Grad scheme but haven't received the link yet! Have you completed yours yet?

I have received my link today. I will let you know how it goes. I did the prep reading whilst waiting for the link to come so will be doing it later today
i have no confidence in doing it since i been rejected of 10,000 appliactions failure me :frown:
Original post by achieve526kk
i have no confidence in doing it since i been rejected of 10,000 appliactions failure me :frown:

I feel the same, all the rejections have made me lose all confidence. I'm trying not to lose motivation but it's so difficult :frown:
Original post by UFEHSIU
I have received my link today. I will let you know how it goes. I did the prep reading whilst waiting for the link to come so will be doing it later today

Thank you! Good luck!
Reply 6
Gonna do the VI tomorrow
Reply 7
Just completed it, its 7 questions long. Make sure you really know what you will be doing in the role and why you want it. Besides that there are some strengths based questions and situational qs. You have 1 min to read the q and prepare and 3 mins to answer. When it says eligibility qs at the start, these literally just make sure you are understanding of the salary and are willing to travel.
Original post by UFEHSIU
Just completed it, its 7 questions long. Make sure you really know what you will be doing in the role and why you want it. Besides that there are some strengths based questions and situational qs. You have 1 min to read the q and prepare and 3 mins to answer. When it says eligibility qs at the start, these literally just make sure you are understanding of the salary and are willing to travel.

Ok great, thank you! how did you find it? Any other advice on how to prepare? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by imjustjess
Ok great, thank you! how did you find it? Any other advice on how to prepare? :smile:

it was alright. The last question is a little weird, but if you just prepare stuff about the role and santander you should be fine.
what do you wear for video interviews
Reply 11
Original post by achieve526kk
what do you wear for video interviews

smart, the same as if you were doing an in-person interview
Original post by UFEHSIU
it was alright. The last question is a little weird, but if you just prepare stuff about the role and santander you should be fine.

Would you be willing to trade questions?
Reply 13
Hi, does anyone know how many graduates are hired for the CCB graduate programme? Also, any idea on AC dates?
Hey guys, I got invited to do the video interview for the corporate and commercial programme. I'm not the best at video interviews and tend to panic a little bit, Does anybody have any tips for completing the interview? I'd be really grateful
Reply 15
Original post by MariaMar33
Hey guys, I got invited to do the video interview for the corporate and commercial programme. I'm not the best at video interviews and tend to panic a little bit, Does anybody have any tips for completing the interview? I'd be really grateful

Hi, I am done with my VI, I haven’t received my results yet but I can definitely give you an idea of what to expect and how to prepare.

To begin with, consume as much knowledge as you can about Santander and it’s CCB functions. Look at different sectors and familiarise yourself with what’s been happening in the banking sector, read a lot of news from the past 6-9 months. Keep the pandemic in mind and try to understand how it might have affected banks and Santander in particular. And then go over your CV and past experiences, draft some answers to some of the common strength based questions, following to that, please keep in mind that Santander is very very big on digital/tech based innovations, keep in mind that Santander’s final goal for all of its strategies is to provide the best to its customers. Maybe go over there balance sheet a little bit and for every answer that you give during the VI, keep referring back to your research. Look confident, dress smart, have proper lighting and make sure that no one interrupts you during your interview.

The best thing about VI is that you can give it at any time, I mean lately I’ve given all my video interviews late at night (11pm-1am), that is when I feel the most comfortable. So, I cannot stress enough but do take advantage of that. And most importantly be yourself and make sure that all your answers are in line with their values.

I really hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. Take care and good luck.
Thanks for your advice in details. I am still preparing for the video interview and find your advice really helpful. Good luck with your application.

Original post by Rvm
Hi, I am done with my VI, I haven’t received my results yet but I can definitely give you an idea of what to expect and how to prepare.

To begin with, consume as much knowledge as you can about Santander and it’s CCB functions. Look at different sectors and familiarise yourself with what’s been happening in the banking sector, read a lot of news from the past 6-9 months. Keep the pandemic in mind and try to understand how it might have affected banks and Santander in particular. And then go over your CV and past experiences, draft some answers to some of the common strength based questions, following to that, please keep in mind that Santander is very very big on digital/tech based innovations, keep in mind that Santander’s final goal for all of its strategies is to provide the best to its customers. Maybe go over there balance sheet a little bit and for every answer that you give during the VI, keep referring back to your research. Look confident, dress smart, have proper lighting and make sure that no one interrupts you during your interview.

The best thing about VI is that you can give it at any time, I mean lately I’ve given all my video interviews late at night (11pm-1am), that is when I feel the most comfortable. So, I cannot stress enough but do take advantage of that. And most importantly be yourself and make sure that all your answers are in line with their values.

I really hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. Take care and good luck.
Original post by UFEHSIU

I get what you mean about the last question! Just done the interview, it was quite an intense question. Also, did you find a lot of questions were repeated but in a different way?
Original post by Rvm

Thank you so much for your advice it was really helpful in terms of preparing answers, I did my interview last night and found the questions were not too bad. I'm not sure how well I answered the last question but I tried, fingers crossed now for everyone getting through to the next stage
Reply 19
I am glad I could be of some help, I received a confirmation email from Santander earlier today. They said, they will get back to me within the next 2 weeks after having reviewed my video responses. Has anyone heard back already and have you been put through to the next stage?

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending