The Student Room Group

Synergy’s Unfiltered Stream of Thoughts

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Synergy~
:five:

I relate to that so much! I think @TheStarboy once put up an article that helped me a lot with getting out of that cycle, let me go find it and put it up here so we can both benefit :lol:

https://www.njlifehacks.com/guilt-and-procrastination/ --> Procrastination article

She has definitely set the trend of doing that in the blogging community :rofl: adopted it without realising

:heart: thank you, I shall have a read of it! But yeah haha second year is fun

@Brutal Bee what have you done to the community :lol:
I'm sorry to hear that you do :frown: It can be such a pain :hugs:

I know, it really is. And it’s super painful and feels isolating. But you’re not alone in this:hugs:
Original post by 999tigger
Sleep, food, bath, chat with friends, going out, play with dog/cat just something fun and realistic.

There's a few good suggestions or exercises here about the choking.
https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/anxiety/choking-feeling-when-anxious

Would need to think about it and read up. Its not in my current area, but have looked into panic attacks before and ofc anxiety.

Ohh I see, I'll try that out next time I attempt a to-do list, thanks (:

Thank you for the link!
I usually try out these exercises too but to no avail :/ But if I am being honest, I never persist for long periods of time attempting them, so maybe that is the issue
Anyway, some of them have mentioned being on medication, I might consider that if my attempts remain futile since it is affecting me academically, though I had the goal of never resorting to medication.

That's kind of you, thanks again :smile: You don't need to, it is always the same advice, it is just that for some reason the feeling persists no matter what exercise you implement (sometimes). I probably just need to hone the way I adopt the exercises and mindfulness
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Moonlight rain
I know, it really is. And it’s super painful and feels isolating. But you’re not alone in this:hugs:

Definitwly :/
:heart: :hugs:
:five:

I relate to that so much! I think @TheStarboy once put up an article that helped me a lot with getting out of that cycle, let me go find it and put it up here so we can both benefit :lol:

https://www.njlifehacks.com/guilt-and-procrastination/ --> Procrastination article

She has definitely set the trend of doing that in the blogging community :rofl: adopted it without realising

My article getting passed around as a useful resource? I am honoured :colondollar:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
:heart: thank you, I shall have a read of it! But yeah haha second year is fun

I hope my article has helped you with fighting against procrastination. Good luck with catching up on lectures
Original post by I AM GROOT 1

I will not have a tree interrogate me just a few minutes before midnight on a Tuesday. Please and thank you.
I woke up today feeling quite anxious. I am still stuck trying to get myself into a routine and increasing productivity. I realised that the issue may be that I can be far too lenient with myself and that I have messed up my ability to self-regulate and control my own behaviour. I mean besides the anxiety I have mentioned, which is something I am going to have to live with it, so I am solely focusing on my performance and management errors here.

In the previous blog, I attempted to fix this issue through embarking on a dopamine detox for 24 hours. I did not really feel like I benefited greatly from going on that, but I do think that the video brings up a good point about adjusting behaviours to achieve dopamine from completing tasks as opposed to unfruitful procrastination ventures. In essence, through minimising the amount of dopamine I get for doing nothing and through menial wasteful activities.

So, and I know this sounds odd, going to try to stop listening to music (only will as a reward) and maybe delete social media apps from my phone. Block some sites (looking at Youtube lol). In the summer, I was ultra-focused, or at least in comparison to now, because I stopped using social media apps, and unintentionally stopped listening to music. Not that listening to music is bad, but when there is that emptiness and quiet, I feel like I am more likely to not escape from my responsibilities.

Anyway, I will try it out today, and see whether or not there is a slight difference in my behaviour and productivity.
(edited 3 years ago)
Also woke up today at 2 pm, as opposed to my regular 4 pm (I see this as a success lmao). Goal for tomorrow is wake up at 12 pm.
Also woke up today at 2 pm, as opposed to my regular 4 pm (I see this as a success lmao). Goal for tomorrow is wake up at 12 pm.

well done synergy :smile:

I woke up today feeling quite anxious. I am still stuck trying to get myself into a routine and increasing productivity. I realised that the issue may be that I can be far too lenient with myself and that I have messed up my ability to self-regulate and control my own behaviour. I mean besides the anxiety I have mentioned, which is something I am going to have to live with it, so I am solely focusing on my performance and management errors here.

In the previous blog, I attempted to fix this issue through embarking on a dopamine detox for 24 hours. I did not really feel like I benefited greatly from going on that, but I do think that the video brings up a good point about adjusting behaviours to achieve dopamine from completing tasks as opposed to unfruitful procrastination ventures. In essence, through minimising the amount of dopamine I get for doing nothing and through menial wasteful activities.

So, and I know this sounds odd, going to try to stop listening to music (only will as a reward) and maybe delete social media apps from my phone. Block some sites (looking at Youtube lol). In the summer, I was ultra-focused, or at least in comparison to now, because I stopped using social media apps, and unintentionally stopped listening to music. Not that listening to music is bad, but when there is that emptiness and quiet, I feel like I am more likely to not escape from my responsibilities.

Anyway, I will try it out today, and see whether or not there is a slight difference in my behaviour and productivity.

Good luck with everything!!
Original post by Laurence010401
well done synergy :smile:

Good luck with everything!!

:lol: Thanks :"")

You too :biggrin:

Spoiler

It’s one of those days isn’t it? When you have absolutely no energy to do anything? Better off removing all distractions if you are going to keep focussed. Try working in intervals where you do nothing but work fora few mins than take a break.
Original post by TheStarboy
It’s one of those days isn’t it? When you have absolutely no energy to do anything? Better off removing all distractions if you are going to keep focussed. Try working in intervals where you do nothing but work fora few mins than take a break.

Days? more like weeks :"3
Yess I think I am going to try to attempt that again. Maybe call a friend to see if someone wants to do it with me so I feel more motivated lol
Thank you (:
:lol: Thanks :"")

You too :biggrin:

Thank youuu :smile:
Days? more like weeks :"3
Yess I think I am going to try to attempt that again. Maybe call a friend to see if someone wants to do it with me so I feel more motivated lol
Thank you (:

That’s anxiety for you. Have one good day and suddenly, expect weeks of unproductivity
It’s harsh but sometimes you have to do things the hard way to get results. Having a friend there is a good idea, you wouldn’t want to do it alone.
No problem. Second year have been tough for you so far but you’re doing well so far. Keep going and you’ll feel better in the long term :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Wow, can I just say your self-discipline is amazing.

I hope everything works out. :hugs:
woke up at 9 am (it is an absolute miracle you have no idea :woo: )
struggling to stay awake though >_<
That’s anxiety for you. Have one good day and suddenly, expect weeks of unproductivity
It’s harsh but sometimes you have to do things the hard way to get results. Having a friend there is a good idea, you wouldn’t want to do it alone.
No problem. Second year have been tough for you so far but you’re doing well so far. Keep going and you’ll feel better in the long term :smile:

Indeed :")
:jumphug:

Original post by sunny.side.up
Wow, can I just say your self-discipline is amazing.

I hope everything works out. :hugs:

Funniest thing I have read all year :lol: But thank you :")

Thank you, and the same to you :hugs:
I hope my article has helped you with fighting against procrastination. Good luck with catching up on lectures

PRSOM
Thank you :hugs:
Original post by Brutal Bee
I will not have a tree interrogate me just a few minutes before midnight on a Tuesday. Please and thank you.

Fine :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending