The Student Room Group

In Brexit news today...

Brexit blowing a £50bn hole in the U.K. economy after covid. However, we knew that was going to happen already, didn’t we?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/brexit-uk-economy-coronavirus-kpmg-b1724211.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1605683492

Secondly, a food shortage.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/17/british-government-food-shortage-uk-fresh-europe-ports-storage-space?__twitter_impression=true

Thirdly, Nissan warns that sustaining its business will be hard if the U.K. leaves without a deal...

https://www.cityam.com/nissan-warns-uk-business-hard-to-sustain-without-brexit-deal/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Good grief, and it’s only 09:30. All these benefits just lining up left right and centre.

What a day to be a Brexiteer, all this positive news of what Brexit will bring to our country...

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pfft £50bn, shmillion. We'll have control over our fishing fleet of 2 boats and a grump old sailor with a peg leg. Thats what matters!
I know hardcore brexiteers would have a heartattack... but I'd have a lot of respect for boris+co or any brexiteer who came out and just said "Look, normally I support brexit, because of the potential longterm plan, but its always going to come at a short-term cost, and given the current crisis we can't take a short term hit of any kind, so lets shelve it for a while until things are better again, and then restart negotiations/talks then"
Reply 3
Original post by fallen_acorns
I know hardcore brexiteers would have a heartattack... but I'd have a lot of respect for boris+co or any brexiteer who came out and just said "Look, normally I support brexit, because of the potential longterm plan, but its always going to come at a short-term cost, and given the current crisis we can't take a short term hit of any kind, so lets shelve it for a while until things are better again, and then restart negotiations/talks then"

I imagine the chances of finding a leprechaun at the end of the rainbow rank higher than that of those fatuous egotists doing any such thing. Party before country and the new party religion before, well, party :lol:
Original post by fallen_acorns

So you want Boris to just continue to lie? He never even supported Brexit.
Reply 5
Original post by DiddyDec
So you want Boris to just continue to lie? He never even supported Brexit.

It would certainly be a strange world in which he told the truth.. truth be told, it's such a queer idea i can't really imagine it.
Original post by Napp
It would certainly be a strange world in which he told the truth.. truth be told, it's such a queer idea i can't really imagine it.

Even if he told the truth I think I would just assume it is a lie anyway.
Even if he told the truth I think I would just assume it is a lie anyway.

100% this. The man lies so much that he probably can’t tell the difference anymore.
Project fear, remoaners bla bla bla
Reply 9
Original post by Hudds999

Economic disaster, food shortages, lack of medicines, damage to national security, travel chaos, etc are actually things to be feared by rational people.
If a doctor told you to stop drinking alcohol or you'll die, would you accuse them of "project fear" and of being "staying alivers"?

I'm looking forward to all the gullible BeLeavers finally smelling the coffee and then ******** their pants. Especially as there will be a shortage of bog roll by then.
Original post by QE2
Economic disaster, food shortages, lack of medicines, damage to national security, travel chaos, etc are actually things to be feared by rational people.
If a doctor told you to stop drinking alcohol or you'll die, would you accuse them of "project fear" and of being "staying alivers"?

I'm looking forward to all the gullible BeLeavers finally smelling the coffee and then ******** their pants. Especially as there will be a shortage of bog roll by then.

Not often I agree, but completely concur. I’m wondering what will be the actual moment they’ll realise what they’ve voted for?

:biggrin:
Let us not forget all of these criminals.

I did see this little gem from Defra Sec George Eustice.

Sheep farmers ‘can rear beef’ in no-deal Brexit
I did see this little gem from Defra Sec George Eustice.

Sheep farmers ‘can rear beef’ in no-deal Brexit

Tremendous just how quickly they manage to change their rhetoric. George Eustice is a right plonker though.
Original post by QE2

You realise I was joking right.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Tremendous just how quickly they manage to change their rhetoric. George Eustice is a right plonker though.

I'm not sure he could identify a cow or sheep.
Reply 16
You realise I was joking right.

Poe's Law.
Anyway, I thought you were a jolly Brexiteer?
Just a question... y is this "Boris" problem? I thought that more than 50 percent of eligible UK voters voted in 2016 on a straight leave/stay q and voted leave. So this is the will of the people. Then Boris (and Theresa before him) are just the pawns in place to execute the will of the ppl. Unless u don't believe in democracy or there were u know Trumpist "irregularities" with that Brexit vote like praps too many falsely registered French and German fifth-column voters....
None of this is news. As no doubt the economic impact will be blamed on Covid 19.

Brexit is the greatest self-imposed wound on this country since the decision not to give the vote to the 13 colonies in north America in the 1760s.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Brexit blowing a £50bn hole in the U.K. economy after covid. However, we knew that was going to happen already, didn’t we?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/brexit-uk-economy-coronavirus-kpmg-b1724211.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1605683492

Secondly, a food shortage.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/17/british-government-food-shortage-uk-fresh-europe-ports-storage-space?__twitter_impression=true

Thirdly, Nissan warns that sustaining its business will be hard if the U.K. leaves without a deal...

https://www.cityam.com/nissan-warns-uk-business-hard-to-sustain-without-brexit-deal/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Good grief, and it’s only 09:30. All these benefits just lining up left right and centre.

What a day to be a Brexiteer, all this positive news of what Brexit will bring to our country...

Brexit is worth it even with economic recession, food shortages and businesses closing.

Quick Reply

Latest