The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Course: Civil engineering
Universities you're applying to: Nottingham, Loughborough, not sure where else maybe Newcastle or Ulster

Course: Civil and Railway engineering
Universities you're applying to: Birmingham
@Purplebottle you might be interested in this thread :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Manooka
Are you applying to study Civil & Structural Engineering at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

Course:Civil(and architectural) Engineering
Universities:Bath Southampton Leeds Sheffield Loughborough
Course: civil engineering
Universities:
Sheffield (offer AAA/AABB)
Leeds (offer AAA)
Southampton (offer A*AA)
Glasgow

Has anyone received offers from glasgow or Sheffield for any engineering related courses yet?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by georgiehy
Universities:
Sheffield
Leeds (offer AAA)
Southampton (offer A*AA)
Glasgow

Has anyone received offers from glasgow or Sheffield for any engineering related courses yet?

what are your predicted grades?
Original post by mmmuss
what are your predicted grades?

A*A*AA
Reply 7
Hi, I am planning to apply civil engineering. Which university will be a good insurance choice with entry requirements of ABB?
Reply 8
Original post by pchiu272
Hi, I am planning to apply civil engineering. Which university will be a good insurance choice with entry requirements of ABB?

i applied to loughborough as an insurance glasgow and cardiff are good too

Loughborough and Newcastle are ABB for the BEng places like Trent and Northumbria use ucas points which work out to be around BBB I think
Original post by georgiehy
Universities:
Sheffield (offer AAA/AABB)
Leeds (offer AAA)
Southampton (offer A*AA)
Glasgow

Updated with Sheffield offer!
Original post by mmmuss
i applied to loughborough as an insurance glasgow and cardiff are good too

Thank you so much. I’ll apply Loughborough.
Original post by Becca216
Loughborough and Newcastle are ABB for the BEng places like Trent and Northumbria use ucas points which work out to be around BBB I think

Thank you so much. I have considered Northumbria but the MEng is not accredited by Engineering Council. I’ll apply Loughborough.
Thank you so much. I have considered Northumbria but the MEng is not accredited by Engineering Council. I’ll apply Loughborough.

Hi @pchiu272,

if you need any further information, we are holding a virtual open day on Saturday 28 November - you can find out more about the course and chat live to our academic staff and students.

Good luck with your application and let me know if you have any questions.
Bindu
Thank you so much for letting me know the open day. I’ll joint the virtual event.
Thank you so much for letting me know the open day. I’ll joint the virtual event.

Hi @pchiu272,

That's great - all I would say is make a note of the live chats with the academic staff and any other departments you'd like to chat with (accommodation, admissions etc) as these are for a few hours only. The course presentations, virtual tours etc can be viewed at any time and the site will be live for a few weeks. Enjoy!
Bindu
Hii, I applied to loughborough, nottingham, Glasgow, UCL, Warwick for civil and architectural engineering. I got offers for loughborough and nottingham so far.. Has anyone who applied for these courses heard from UCL, Warwick or Glasgow yet?? Thank you!! :smile:
Hii, I applied to loughborough, nottingham, Glasgow, UCL, Warwich for civil and architectural engineering. I got offers for loughborough and nottingham so far.. Has anyone who applied for these courses heard from UCL, Warwick or Glasgow yet?? Thank you!! :smile:
Original post by Becca216
Course: Civil engineering
Universities you're applying to: Nottingham, Loughborough, not sure where else maybe Newcastle or Ulster

Course: Civil and Railway engineering
Universities you're applying to: Birmingham

Hey, did you get an offer from Birmingham? If so how long did it take for you to get it? Good luck as well
Original post by saralobo
Hii, I applied to loughborough, nottingham, Glasgow, UCL, Warwick for civil and architectural engineering. I got offers for loughborough and nottingham so far.. Has anyone who applied for these courses heard from UCL, Warwick or Glasgow yet?? Thank you!! :smile:

Hey I applied for civil engineering at glasgow and I got an offer about a month and a half after I applied :smile:

Latest