The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Offer holders thread

I thought it might be nice to have a place to get to know people who have got offers from York so I made this thread.
Some icebreaker questions:

What course have you got an offer for?
What college/s are you looking at?

I've got an offer for History
I'm looking at either Goodricke or Vanbrugh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I got an offer for Chemistry MChem.
Haven’t really started considering colleges yet!
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by matty_draps
I thought it might be nice to have a place to get to know people who have got offers from York so I made this thread.

I've got an offer for PPE and as Derwent is where PPE is based i'm pretty fixated on getting in there.
Reply 3
Heyyy, I have and offer for Politics and International Relations. I also haven't started looking at colleges yet.
Reply 4

Hey,
I got an offer for genetics and I still haven't really looked into colleges.
I've just confirmed my firm choice to study Ecology at York. I'm a mature student (30) worrying a little about being the weird old guy in class.No idea about colleges yet 🤔, but hoping the rona has calmed down by the time we start and societies will be running as normal.

Really looking forward to moving back up north, York seems like a great place to live
Hi, My name's Maisie. I've got an offer for Psychology in Education and am 80% sure that I will be firming York (Southampton is the other I'm choosing between)
I'm thinking I want to be in Vanbrugh College (band 3) as I've heard it's the most musical; I was torn between doing Music and Psychology in Education so want to keep the music going at uni. I also like the look of Langwith so think I will put that as my second option! x
Hi
I got an offer for Economics at ABB
and I'm thinking about James college
Hi, I've got an offer for English at York - it's ABB conditional.

I'm looking at Goodricke and Langwith at the moment.
Original post by maisiex10x
Hi, My name's Maisie. I've got an offer for Psychology in Education and am 80% sure that I will be firming York (Southampton is the other I'm choosing between)
I'm thinking I want to be in Vanbrugh College (band 3) as I've heard it's the most musical; I was torn between doing Music and Psychology in Education so want to keep the music going at uni. I also like the look of Langwith so think I will put that as my second option! x

I'm looking at Southampton as well, and like the idea of the music at Vanbrugh, do you play an instrument?
Original post by hopelostindoubt
Hi, I've got an offer for English at York - it's ABB conditional.

I'm looking at Goodricke and Langwith at the moment.

Yeah, the east side accommodation does look nice
I'm looking at Southampton as well, and like the idea of the music at Vanbrugh, do you play an instrument?

Yes, I have grade 8 Bassoon and singing, it's definitely something I want to continue at uni x
Original post by maisiex10x
Yes, I have grade 8 Bassoon and singing, it's definitely something I want to continue at uni x

Oh that's cool, I am grade 6 trombone, aiming for grade 8 this school year, I'd like to keep playing in ensembles and stuff
hi!!
i've got an offer for biology but i haven't started looking at colleges yet!
I'm currently a 1st-year law student studying at the University of York. If anybody has any questions about Uni of York, studying Law at York or just general questions about uni life feel free to either reply to this post or pm me:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Tinders
I'm currently a 1st-year law student studying at the University of York. If anybody has any questions about Uni of York, studying Law at York or just general questions about uni life feel free to either reply to this post or pm me:smile:

What are the most sociable colleges ?
Hi!
I've got an offer for English, but have no idea about college - any advice?
Original post by c.aux18
Hi!
I've got an offer for English, but have no idea about college - any advice?

If you want to live near the English department then Derwent would probably get you there, the more modern rooms are over on campus east, so that's Langwith, Goodricke and Constantine but they are much further from the English department building
If you want to live near the English department then Derwent would probably get you there, the more modern rooms are over on campus east, so that's Langwith, Goodricke and Constantine but they are much further from the English department building

Thank you!
Original post by Tinders

How frequent are the buses from campus East-West? Are some colleges nearer the beginning of East or are the all simular distance to Campus West?

Quick Reply

Latest