The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official LSE Postgraduate Applicants 2021 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,

Has anyone got confirmation or any indication at all that the admissions department is having delays processing applications?

I applied to an International History MSc on November 2nd and still haven't had my application processed. On the LSE site, it says they're currently processing applications received on 11th November, so I'm wondering whether this lag is normal or if something I should now be chasing up.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 81
Original post by nicholasg03
Hi guys,

Has anyone got confirmation or any indication at all that the admissions department is having delays processing applications?

I applied to an International History MSc on November 2nd and still haven't had my application processed. On the LSE site, it says they're currently processing applications received on 11th November, so I'm wondering whether this lag is normal or if something I should now be chasing up.

In your case I think it’s worth considering calling/emailing them. I applied on 9th November and my application was processed and passed onto selectors on 12th November.
From what I read on their website it’s possible that applications be delayed if the admissions team has trouble reading a document, (eg. protected, corrupted or bad quality) or if smth is simply missing.

Hope this helps
Original post by Joe75
In your case I think it’s worth considering calling/emailing them. I applied on 9th November and my application was processed and passed onto selectors on 12th November.
From what I read on their website it’s possible that applications be delayed if the admissions team has trouble reading a document, (eg. protected, corrupted or bad quality) or if smth is simply missing.

Hope this helps

That's... worrying. Thanks for the reply!
Does anyone know when the places for the MPP got full-on last admissions?
Original post by Kalaygalay5
Hey! I also applied for a MPA and actually just received a job offer in a non profit after 8 months of unemployment and am in the same position as you of not sure of letting go of something like that especially after the horrific experience of not being employed for so long. I'll also possibly defer but yeah will have to see once I hear back and know what all my options are.

Do you have any idea on whether your program choice has any impact on GSS scholarships? All programs are about to get more expensive due to Brexit, but the MPA has always been pricey.
Reply 85
Hi guys,

I would definitely recommend chasing up. I submitted my application on the 30th of October, it was processed on the 4th as incomplete and I had to resend my transcript, which I sent the same day and was confirmed fully processed by the 5th November. But they seem to be having some internal system issues because then on Tuesday 17th of Nov, I checked my tracker and it had changed back to "incomplete" (from "being considered") and requested I resend my transcript.. They're phone lines are also shut which isn't massively helpful but I got in touch with the department via email and they're sorting it out for me now which is reassuring. So yea, definitely worth emailing your relevant department and checking it out.
Original post by Srigney
I would definitely recommend chasing up. I submitted my application on the 30th of October, it was processed on the 4th as incomplete and I had to resend my transcript, which I sent the same day and was confirmed fully processed by the 5th November. But they seem to be having some internal system issues because then on Tuesday 17th of Nov, I checked my tracker and it had changed back to "incomplete" (from "being considered") and requested I resend my transcript.. They're phone lines are also shut which isn't massively helpful but I got in touch with the department via email and they're sorting it out for me now which is reassuring. So yea, definitely worth emailing your relevant department and checking it out.

Thanks for that. Do you mean contact them on the enquiries section of the site or directly through some other email address?
- Current University: Brigham Young University (Utah, USA)
- Current Course: BA in History
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 3.75
- Prospective Course: MA Modern History
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Oxford, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Durham
Reply 88
Thanks for that. Do you mean contact them on the enquiries section of the site or directly through some other email address?

I contacted them directly through an email address. I already had a Mail thread with admissions from before the applications opened - so I revisited this
Quite late actually, late August. It was one of the last programs to close
Original post by politicspro
Does anyone know when the places for the MPP got full-on last admissions?
Original post by DanielRSanchez
Do you have any idea on whether your program choice has any impact on GSS scholarships? All programs are about to get more expensive due to Brexit, but the MPA has always been pricey.

I genuinely have no idea, sorry.
- Current University: University of Manchester(Final Year)
- Current Course: International Business, Finance and Economics
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 2:1, 69%, didn't take GMAT
- Prospective Course: MSc Accounting and Finance
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Imperial Finance and Accounting, UCL, Manchester

Hey everyone,
I have applied MSc Accounting and Finance on 21OCT and got my application ID on the 30OCT.

Just yesterday 21NOV, I received an email saying I have been put on the waiting list for my application. I'm really hoping the only reason I have been put on a waiting list this early on is to allow the selectors to have a good look at the application pool still to come in as I applied early. Is there still chances for me to receive the offer after being placed into the waiting list?:frown:

I also want to know is there any updates for the admission of MSc Accounting and Finance, say like releasing offers or being put on the waiting list as well?

Best of luck with applications everyone!:smile:
Hey guys,Does anyone know if the LSE gives our rejections on a rolling basis or will they wait e.g. till January? Has anyone heard of someone who got rejected already?
Original post by Michelle123de
Hey guys,Does anyone know if the LSE gives our rejections on a rolling basis or will they wait e.g. till January? Has anyone heard of someone who got rejected already?

I heard quite a few got rejected already.
Original post by alex1498
I heard quite a few got rejected already.

do you happen to know which departments? I applied to the international relations department
Original post by Michelle123de
do you happen to know which departments? I applied to the international relations department

I don't know which departments exactly, but one program is finance and the other media-related
Has anyone applied to Financial Mathematics and/or Applicable Mathematics?
Hi all. My profile is as follows:

Current University: University of Birmingham

Course: Economics and Political Science BSc

Achieved grade: 1st 73%

Prospective course: Economic History MSc

I completed my application in early November, so just waiting for their answer. what do you think of my chances? Anyone else wishing to study this course? I wish everyone in this thread good luck in their endeavours.
Original post by Anonymous
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Imperial Finance and Accounting, UCL, Manchester

Hey everyone,
I have applied MSc Accounting and Finance on 21OCT and got my application ID on the 30OCT.

Just yesterday 21NOV, I received an email saying I have been put on the waiting list for my application. I'm really hoping the only reason I have been put on a waiting list this early on is to allow the selectors to have a good look at the application pool still to come in as I applied early. Is there still chances for me to receive the offer after being placed into the waiting list?:frown:

I also want to know is there any updates for the admission of MSc Accounting and Finance, say like releasing offers or being put on the waiting list as well?

Best of luck with applications everyone!:smile:

University of Sydney
Current Major: Accounting and Finance
Weighted Average Mark 83.6% GMAT700
Prospective: LSE Master of Accounting and Finance

I got my ID on 16th October, and I havn't got any reply after that.
Original post by Anonymous

Hey everyone,

Best of luck with applications everyone!

Hi! Do you have any relevant professional experience ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending