The Student Room Group

Nestle Graduate Scheme 2021

Hi guys. I saw some people commenting on the 2019 thread but thought it would be worthwhile making a dedicated 2021 thread!
Has anyone moved on beyond the tests and been invited for a video interview yet or AC? If so how long did that turn around take?
What schemes did you guys apply for? I applied for Marketing.

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I applied for the finance scheme and still haven't heard back yet. I did the tests long time ago and I am yet to hear if I have been successful for the video interview or not
Reply 2
Applied for marketing at York and just got this email

We wanted to let you know that unfortunately we are no longer recruiting any vacancies for this role and, as such, we will sadly be unable to progress your application further for this location.

So confused, can't work out if they are just not taking anyone on in general or if they just didn't like me, very odd.
Reply 3
Original post by arbx98
Applied for marketing at York and just got this email

We wanted to let you know that unfortunately we are no longer recruiting any vacancies for this role and, as such, we will sadly be unable to progress your application further for this location.

So confused, can't work out if they are just not taking anyone on in general or if they just didn't like me, very odd.

Oh no! I’m sorry. How long ago did you apply and did you do a video interview?
Reply 4
Original post by titanic222
Oh no! I’m sorry. How long ago did you apply and did you do a video interview?

I applied literally the day that the applications opened & never did a video interview!
Reply 5
Original post by arbx98
I applied literally the day that the applications opened & never did a video interview!

That is really strange! How did you score on the tests? Maybe they cancelled recruiting entirely for York, as it doesn't say they filled the positions or anything.
Reply 6
That is really strange! How did you score on the tests? Maybe they cancelled recruiting entirely for York, as it doesn't say they filled the positions or anything.

From their email it seems they just stopped recruiting in York, bit annoying!!
Reply 7
Just been invited to do a video interview with only 48hours to complete it! Anyone else get an invite?
Just been invited to do a video interview with only 48hours to complete it! Anyone else get an invite?

Aghhh I haven't got anything yet, I applied for marketing in Gatwick, if I don't get an email by end of today I guess I can just assume I failed :frown:
Reply 9

Yes, I did the video interview two days ago. Have you applied for the Nestle or CPUK scheme?
Reply 10
Original post by mrsjomiloju
Aghhh I haven't got anything yet, I applied for marketing in Gatwick, if I don't get an email by end of today I guess I can just assume I failed :frown:

Ah I don't lose hope yet! They may be slow sending out invites.
Reply 11
Original post by CLYD
Yes, I did the video interview two days ago. Have you applied for the Nestle or CPUK scheme?

Nice! I applied for the Marketing Scheme for Nestle in Gatwick. What about you?

How was the interview? How long was it / how long do you get to think and record your answer?
Reply 12
Nice! I applied for the Marketing Scheme for Nestle in Gatwick. What about you?

How was the interview? How long was it / how long do you get to think and record your answer?

I went for the CPUK Marketing Scheme!

It was okay thanks, I received an email this afternoon saying I'd been successful in the initial stages of screening but they are reviewing the Video Interview again or something along those lines. It was 8 questions long and quite intense as I only had 30 seconds to think of an answer for each question.
Reply 13
Original post by CLYD
I went for the CPUK Marketing Scheme!

It was okay thanks, I received an email this afternoon saying I'd been successful in the initial stages of screening but they are reviewing the Video Interview again or something along those lines. It was 8 questions long and quite intense as I only had 30 seconds to think of an answer for each question.

Wow they're looking at them quite fast. I'll do mine tomorrow morning so I can prepare tonight. Congrats on passing the initial stage! That does sound really brutal... 30 seconds isn't enough time ahh. How long to answer? And I'm guessing they asked some motivational questions, like the ones in the initial application we submitted, plus some competency?
Ah I don't lose hope yet! They may be slow sending out invites.

Hopefully! Just out of curiosity what 3 traits did you get for the situational judgement test? And what level were you on the Numerical Reasoning?
Reply 15
Original post by mrsjomiloju
Hopefully! Just out of curiosity what 3 traits did you get for the situational judgement test? And what level were you on the Numerical Reasoning?

I got Initiator, Pride and Resilient performer. Level 5 on the numerical reasoning. What about you?
I got Initiator, Pride and Resilient performer. Level 5 on the numerical reasoning. What about you?

I got Learning Agility, Pride and Resilient Performer, Level 7 on numerical reasoning, our results were pretty similar so fingers crossed!
I just did the interview last night for finance summer internship. It was pretty hard, mostly competency but worded in a weird way. They give 2 min to answer and 30s to prepare. No "why nestle" question too which is weird bc they are the biggest food company itw but yea
Reply 18
Original post by baizen2000
I just did the interview last night for finance summer internship. It was pretty hard, mostly competency but worded in a weird way. They give 2 min to answer and 30s to prepare. No "why nestle" question too which is weird bc they are the biggest food company itw but yea

Oh that is weird!. But for the internship position did you have to submit written answers in the initial application about why nestle, why that business area etc? For the grad programme you did so I’m wondering if that’s why it wasn’t in the interview.
Reply 19
Wow I really hated that video interview!!! The questions were so weird and the transition from question to question was so fast, no breathing time at all! Hoping for the best but I definitely messed up on one of my questions aaahh

Quick Reply