The Student Room Group

Any Theology applicants?

Hey, is anyone applying for Theology (I've applied to St Andrews, Edinburgh, Bristol, Durham and Cambridge) but haven't come across anyone else yet :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I've applied to Durham, Oxford, St Andrews, Bristol and Exeter for Theology/ and religion :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mazar00
Hey! I've applied to Durham, Oxford, St Andrews, Bristol and Exeter for Theology/ and religion :smile:

Oh cool! I haven't been able to find anyone else applying! Have you heard back from Oxford about an interview or got anything from your other choices?
Reply 3
Original post by malachi2003
Oh cool! I haven't been able to find anyone else applying! Have you heard back from Oxford about an interview or got anything from your other choices?

Same its incredibly hard to find anything out about the subject and whose applying.
So far I've had:
Bristol AAB
St Andrews ABB
Exeter AAB (or ABB if made firm)

Haven't heard from Durham (notoriously known for taking ages to respond ahah) and Oxford (which is expected).
Still so nervous and anxious that I keep checking my emails everyday!! Hope you've received some back too :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Mazar00
Same its incredibly hard to find anything out about the subject and whose applying.
So far I've had:
Bristol AAB
St Andrews ABB
Exeter AAB (or ABB if made firm)

Haven't heard from Durham (notoriously known for taking ages to respond ahah) and Oxford (which is expected).
Still so nervous and anxious that I keep checking my emails everyday!! Hope you've received some back too :smile:

I have

Bristol AAB
St Andrews AAA
And haven't heard from Durham either! How come your offer for St Andrews was lowered! I'm so jealous haha!
Reply 5
I have

Bristol AAB
St Andrews AAA
And haven't heard from Durham either! How come your offer for St Andrews was lowered! I'm so jealous haha!

Aha I was really shocked too! But I'm still not convinced to go, I live so much closer to Bristol (under an hour!) compared to St Andrews. Plus St Andrews focuses really only on Xianity and Judaism - think I want my degree to be a bit more diverse than that? What are you thinking?
What’s up! I’m sending off my application this week (hella late, I know) but applying to Durham (first choice), Exeter, St. Andrews, Bristol and KCL for Theology and Religion at all! Hoping to do a year abroad too x
Reply 7
Original post by mimsnwoha
What’s up! I’m sending off my application this week (hella late, I know) but applying to Durham (first choice), Exeter, St. Andrews, Bristol and KCL for Theology and Religion at all! Hoping to do a year abroad too x

Hi! Sounds cool. I was considering that but I think Law might be my final destination so a year out would make it even longer. We all have similar choices though.
Original post by Mazar00
Hi! Sounds cool. I was considering that but I think Law might be my final destination so a year out would make it even longer. We all have similar choices though.

Oh you’re planning on doing a conversion course? That’s pretty cool. What college are you applying to?
Reply 9
Oh you’re planning on doing a conversion course? That’s pretty cool. What college are you applying to?

Yes Im planning on doing a conversion course after. Applying to Worcester college; I'm terrified ahah.
Original post by Mazar00
Yes Im planning on doing a conversion course after. Applying to Worcester college; I'm terrified ahah.

Oh sick! Is Worcester Oxford? What college at Durham? Don't be scared, there's not many of us :wink:
Reply 11
Oh sick! Is Worcester Oxford? What college at Durham? Don't be scared, there's not many of us :wink:

To be honest I had absolutely no clue about Durham colleges so I just selected the Castle 😂. Kind of regret that because apparently it's really 'posh' but they'll probably move me into a different one anyway. And yes such joys of applying to a niche subject!
Original post by Mazar00
To be honest I had absolutely no clue about Durham colleges so I just selected the Castle 😂. Kind of regret that because apparently it's really 'posh' but they'll probably move me into a different one anyway. And yes such joys of applying to a niche subject!

Ahhh yeah Hatfield and Castle are apparently super rah speaks a lot to my character that I applied for the former 😭
Reply 13
Ahhh yeah Hatfield and Castle are apparently super rah speaks a lot to my character that I applied for the former 😭

😂😂🤭makes 2 of us
Original post by Mazar00

Exactly the same for me - I'm planning on a law conversion so a gap year isn't an option unfortunately !

I ended up applying for St Johns for Durham :smile:
Reply 16
Exactly the same for me - I'm planning on a law conversion so a gap year isn't an option unfortunately !

Awesome! Hope you get a place at St Johns, Durham :smile:
Reply 17
I’ve applied to Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham and Durham :smile:
Theology applicant too!
Currently have an offer for Durham and KCL, Cambridge interview next week just waiting for Edinburgh and St Andrews now...
Original post by PatrickRhodes
Theology applicant too!
Currently have an offer for Durham and KCL, Cambridge interview next week just waiting for Edinburgh and St Andrews now...

Is your interview on the 10th too? I'm concerned that I haven't heard from Durham yet as I have seen a few Theology applicants who have been given one :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest