The Student Room Group

Open University - Forensic Psychology

I’m just wondering if anybody has applied or is thinking of applying to this course in October/February?
Studying at the open university due to working full time and the convenience, would even like to know if people have already had experience of this course and what it is like!
I haven’t yet applied but am seriously thinking about it, would Just like some more background information.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello!

I have just registered, chosen my first module and applied for the tuition fee for this course! I am excited - have you applied yet?
Original post by w0odward
Hello!

I have just registered, chosen my first module and applied for the tuition fee for this course! I am excited - have you applied yet?

I have applied! And I have had my student loan accepted.
I’m so nervous, but now I’m really excited to get started, it can’t come quick enough! Are you studying over the 3 or 6 years? I feel like I’m the only one doing this course so far, I’m so glad somebody else is!
Reply 3
I am just finishing about to start my last module for Psychology at the OU (hopefully getting a1st). If you have any questions about how things work I can try and help.
Reply 4
Original post by LauraClaire994
I have applied! And I have had my student loan accepted.
I’m so nervous, but now I’m really excited to get started, it can’t come quick enough! Are you studying over the 3 or 6 years? I feel like I’m the only one doing this course so far, I’m so glad somebody else is!

I am studying over the 6 years part time as I'm waiting to continue working full time while I do it, what about you?
Same! I haven't seen any other people doing this course so far haha!
Original post by w0odward
I am studying over the 6 years part time as I'm waiting to continue working full time while I do it, what about you?
Same! I haven't seen any other people doing this course so far haha!

I am going to be studying over the 6 years due to working full time also, i think it would be far too much to be able to do it full time along with 40 hour work weeks! Haha
I think its looking like we're the only ones so far! I'm hoping that when the first module starts i will be able to get to some of the tutorials so i have a chance to meet other people who might actually be working towards the same qualification
I'm thinking of applying! I need to make my decision ASAP though. I've been really nervous about making the plunge as I'm 22 and haven't been in education for 4 years. I've thought about uni on and off over this time but I keep putting it off due to anxiety and lack of confidence. I'm working part time though so I do have the means to do a full time course, I just need to jump in, believe in myself and prove myself wrong!
Original post by KellyJayne1824
I'm thinking of applying! I need to make my decision ASAP though. I've been really nervous about making the plunge as I'm 22 and haven't been in education for 4 years. I've thought about uni on and off over this time but I keep putting it off due to anxiety and lack of confidence. I'm working part time though so I do have the means to do a full time course, I just need to jump in, believe in myself and prove myself wrong!

You should definitely go for it, im 23 so im in the same boat. If you call them they are very helpful and you would still have time to apply for the October start and in the meantime or afterwards, im happy to talk to you, it would be nice to talk to people and get to know people who are doing the same course!
Reply 8
I start on this course in October! Although I haven't heard anything back about my student finance yet which is a bit of a worry. I'm doing the course over 6 years too as that's about all I can manage with full time work, I'm hoping to move to full time study towards the end though if I can drop down to part time work.I'm pleased to have found some other people doing the same course at the same time!
Original post by grahaml
I start on this course in October! Although I haven't heard anything back about my student finance yet which is a bit of a worry. I'm doing the course over 6 years too as that's about all I can manage with full time work, I'm hoping to move to full time study towards the end though if I can drop down to part time work.I'm pleased to have found some other people doing the same course at the same time!

When did you apply for student finance? Because it took around a month for me to hear back from them! Im hoping to do the same, i want to see what the work load is actually like to see whether i can go to full time at some point.
6 years fly by and if you are thinking about it I would say there is no time like the present. Be prepared to make it part of your life though and not something you do on the side if you want good results, although we do get long holidays.
Reply 11
Sorry if this is a necro, but I also have just started with OU doing the Q82 BSc (Honours) Forensic Psychology and starting my first module on the 6th of October. I'm also doing it over the 6 years too! I think the module I'm starting with is the DD102 as my first module :smile:
If you have any questions let me know, either here or PM me. Good luck on your course.
I’m thinking of doing forensic psychology but I’m not too sure what doors it would open for me in terms of jobs. I’m 22.
Reply 14
I'm thinking of applying for this course in October. How did you guys find your first year?
Hi guys,Not sure if anyone would see this now or even reply, but I am thinking about applying for this course. Just wanted to ask how you guys are getting on, are you enjoying it??
I’ve applied and starting in February 2021! I would also be interested to see how everyone has got on with it! I’m working part time but have 2 children also but starting part time to see how I go with that!
Original post by Jodiewids
I’ve applied and starting in February 2021! I would also be interested to see how everyone has got on with it! I’m working part time but have 2 children also but starting part time to see how I go with that!

Thats really exciting! I really want to apply and start in February but that's only available for part time but I would prefer to do it full time so I may have to look at other options sadly
Original post by Martynaa11
Thats really exciting! I really want to apply and start in February but that's only available for part time but I would prefer to do it full time so I may have to look at other options sadly

I’m starting part time this year and then enrol on my next part of year 1 in September! Then I can go full time after that so would take 4 instead of 3 that’s all! As I said the same! ☺️
Original post by Jodiewids
I’m starting part time this year and then enrol on my next part of year 1 in September! Then I can go full time after that so would take 4 instead of 3 that’s all! As I said the same! ☺️

Oh that's really good, when i wanted this as an option and spoke to someone I was told I couldn't do it but I will try again as this would be an ideal option for me too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest