The Student Room Group

LSE data science

So I want to apply for the data science course but not a lot of unis offer it so I’m also intending to apply for CS? Would it be fine if my PS is computer science based with a focus on maths(mainly stats) ?
say you love machine learning that's how to get both CS and DS at the same time, and yeah do also focus on algebra and stats
Reply 2
Original post by AndyChow
say you love machine learning that's how to get both CS and DS at the same time, and yeah do also focus on algebra and stats

Yeah I’m gonna talk about that and Artificial intelligence . Is it bad if I specifically mention computer science?
Original post by AR_B
Yeah I’m gonna talk about that and Artificial intelligence . Is it bad if I specifically mention computer science?

Most course directors know candidates will be applying for both CS and DS so it isn't really a taboo. You can replace it with computing if you don't wanna risk it.
Original post by AR_B

You realise Artificial intelligence is all to do with Deep learning models and machine learning algorithms right? Which all boils down to programming and some serious math. So I don't understand how your going to take about AL without mentioning linear algebra or programming.

I applied for data science LSE and got an offer and my personal statement was all geared towards math and computer science. Also got offers from UCL, bristol and manchester and gave my interview for yesterday.

So to answer your question no it's not bad if you mention Compsci which is basically the foundation of ML algorithms which is what AL is or at least a massive branch of AL.
Reply 5
What were your predicted grades?
Original post by jajja949
What were your predicted grades?

A*A*AA in FM, Math , Physics and chem.
Original post by shivsaransh1
A*A*AA in FM, Math , Physics and chem.

May I ask:when did you get your offer from LSE?Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending