The Student Room Group

English language nov mocks

Whos done the english lang mocks? Anyone remember the questions and picture for writing task?

Scroll to see replies

i done mine !! do you do aqa??it was called the silent land by graham joyce its all online but there is no available marksheme. hope this was helpful!! and good luck
Reply 2
Original post by spygirl123
i done mine !! do you do aqa??it was called the silent land by graham joyce its all online but there is no available marksheme. hope this was helpful!! and good luck

Yesss i doo! What was the picture?
Original post by Unknownx444
Yesss i doo! What was the picture

https://padlet.com/MrDowling/Language_Paper1 -look at this link it is the paper ,it is called the silent land and it gives you the source and the question paper.Also do let you know that this paper is probably going to be your mocks because schools are using 2019 papers and this paper was used last year for mocks.However there is a very small chance they could give the actual 2019 gcse paper but you can find that on the link it is called the mill.Hope this was helpful :smile:
Reply 4
https://padlet.com/MrDowling/Language_Paper1 -look at this link it is the paper ,it is called the silent land and it gives you the source and the question paper.Also do let you know that this paper is probably going to be your mocks because schools are using 2019 papers and this paper was used last year for mocks.However there is a very small chance they could give the actual 2019 gcse paper but you can find that on the link it is called the mill.Hope this was helpful :smile:

Thankyou so much! Did you sit your mocks this month?
Whos done the english lang mocks? Anyone remember the questions and picture for writing task?

different schools do mocks differently.
Thankyou so much! Did you sit your mocks this month?

no problem!! yep i did them last week .my mocks just finished it was a stressful 2 weeks.But just in case your school do them differently i would suggest maybe doing those exam papers the nov 2019 ones look at the markscheme and see where you get the marks because that helped me a lot.it gave me an idea of how to get top marks!! but glad to be of help and good luck once again!!
Hi I am really stuck on my gcse English language - the silent land. It has to be completed today but I don't know what to write or even know where to start :frown:
Original post by babydoll123xo
Hi I am really stuck on my gcse English language - the silent land. It has to be completed today but I don't know what to write or even know where to start :frown:

heyyy umm do you still need any help?
Reply 9
I NEED HELP THE QUESTION IS

If there are few moments in life that come as clear and as pure as ice, when the mountain breathed back at her, Zoe knew that she had trapped one such moment and that it could never be taken away. Everywhere was snow and silence. Snow and silence; the complete arrest of life; a rehearsal and a pre-echo of death. She pointed her skis down the hill. They looked like weird talons of brilliant red and gold in the powder snow as she waited, ready to swoop. I am alive. I am an eagle.

How does the writer use language here to describe Zoe’s feelings? You could include the writer’s choice of:
- words and phrases
- language features and techniques
- sentence forms.
Original post by lizahhhx
I NEED HELP THE QUESTION IS

If there are few moments in life that come as clear and as pure as ice, when the mountain breathed back at her, Zoe knew that she had trapped one such moment and that it could never be taken away. Everywhere was snow and silence. Snow and silence; the complete arrest of life; a rehearsal and a pre-echo of death. She pointed her skis down the hill. They looked like weird talons of brilliant red and gold in the powder snow as she waited, ready to swoop. I am alive. I am an eagle.

How does the writer use language here to describe Zoe’s feelings? You could include the writer’s choice of:
- words and phrases
- language features and techniques
- sentence forms.

do you still need help???? i have done this exam before and i think i know where a markscheme is :smile:
do you still need help???? i have done this exam before and i think i know where a markscheme is :smile:

it’s fine now, i did it thanks anyways x
Original post by lizahhhx
it’s fine now, i did it thanks anyways x

oh okayy - well hope you did well :smile:
is there any chance you could help me pleaseee
Reply 14
can you give me the link to the mark scheme
Original post by ali5334
can you give me the link to the mark scheme

for which exam paper ??
Reply 16
omg help me please
the one where the question is If there are few moments in life that come as clear and as pure as ice, when the mountain breathed back at her, Zoe knew that she had trapped one such moment and that it could never be taken away. Everywhere was snow and silence. Snow and silence; the complete arrest of life; a rehearsal and a pre-echo of death. She pointed her skis down the hill. They looked like weird talons of brilliant red and gold in the powder snow as she waited, ready to swoop. I am alive. I am an eagle.How does the writer use language here to describe Zoe’s feelings? You could include the writer’s choice of:- words and phrases- language features and techniques- sentence forms.

I kinda need it if you still have it please it would be greatly appreciated
do you have the mark scheme for the zoe and jack paper in the mountains

Quick Reply