The Student Room Group

Official History of Art applicants thread 2021

Are you applying to study History of Art at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I sent my application off on the 9th October, applying for History of Art. I know its early days yet but hopefully, more people will reply to this thread soon!

I applied to The Courtauld, Oxford (Lincoln College), Edinburgh, Birmingham and St Andrews.

My predicted grades are A*, A*, A* in History, English Literature and Art and Design.

So far, I've received acknowledgements from all accept The Courtauld, but no decisions yet! :smile:

Edit 1 - I have received two offers! -

Birmingham gave me an offer on October 27th - CCC/BBB dependant on whether I firm it or not

Offer from St Andrews received on 9th November - ABB

Rejection from Oxford (post-interview) - 12th January 2021

Offer from Edinburgh received 21st January 2021 -
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi @katherine04 I’ve applied to do history of art and St. John’s oxford... I just need to submit my written work.
I’ve got offers from York and Bristol big have also applied to Edinburgh and at Andrew.
So exciting to find people who have applied for the same course. I’m the only at my school doing it lol
I’m submitting my application next week but I’m applying for History of Art and English literature at Edinburgh, Glasgow and UEA (then English lit at Liverpool and Keele)
Original post by Caspar_m21
Hi @katherine04 I’ve applied to do history of art and St. John’s oxford... I just need to submit my written work.
I’ve got offers from York and Bristol big have also applied to Edinburgh and at Andrew.
So exciting to find people who have applied for the same course. I’m the only at my school doing it lol

Same, I've just sent my written work off today! Best of luck to you, its lovely to know someone in the same position! :smile:
Original post by Zoe Eve Green
I’ve applied to almost all the same wow!!!! (apart from Birmingham) I have an offer from Bristol, and I also haven’t got an acknowledgment from courtauld yet:frown: Can I ask what your gcses were? ! :smile: so exciting to find someone applying !

My GCSEs were quite good, but definitely not the best. I got 99988877776 :smile: Which college are you applying for at Oxford?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Manooka
Are you applying to study History of Art at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

Hiya, I’m Beatrice :smile:
I sent my UCAS application off about a month ago now, it was quite a rush but I am really glad to have it out of the way and completed!

I have applied for the History of Art courses at
The Courtauld Institute, St Andrews, University of York, University of East Anglia and Cambridge.

My predicted grades are A*,A*,A in English Literature, Geography and Classical Civilisation, fingers crossed it will be what I achieve!!
At the moment I have received offers
from UEA, University of York and St Andrews, I am really pleased!

it is lovely to see people on this chat, I do not know anybody at my school hoping to take this course so I hope this is an opportunity to make some friends! :smile:
Reply 7
hello, anyone with interview offers from Oxford yet? the waiting is so frustrating lol
Original post by elwy
hello, anyone with interview offers from Oxford yet? the waiting is so frustrating lol

Nope! I haven't heard anything! I didn't think I would be this nervous waiting to find out :frown:
Original post by Zoe Eve Green
Oh, they are so amazing! my GCSEs are really not great sadly :frown: but I'm applying to Lincoln too! <3 xx

I'm sure you did amazing though! What did you get (you don't have to say!) Its so lovely hearing from someone applying to Lincoln as well! <3 :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by katherine04
Nope! I haven't heard anything! I didn't think I would be this nervous waiting to find out :frown:

watching all the other subjects and colleges send out decisions rn on the other thread and it's so scary haha. I keep hitting refresh on the spreadsheet and having a little adrenaline rush at every email notification.

Is anyone else on this thread applying to Christ Church at Oxford?
Hi, I'm Jess and I sent my application off around a month or two ago for history of art.
I've applied to Oxford (Christchurch), UCL, Bristol, Leeds and Manchester and have got offers from Bristol Leeds and Manchester.
Has anyone found out about interviews? Am starting to feel the stress kick in now!
Original post by elwy
watching all the other subjects and colleges send out decisions rn on the other thread and it's so scary haha. I keep hitting refresh on the spreadsheet and having a little adrenaline rush at every email notification.

Is anyone else on this thread applying to Christ Church at Oxford?

Hi yes i am!
Reply 13
Original post by bee.02
Hiya, I’m Beatrice :smile:
I sent my UCAS application off about a month ago now, it was quite a rush but I am really glad to have it out of the way and completed!

I have applied for the History of Art courses at
The Courtauld Institute, St Andrews, University of York, University of East Anglia and Cambridge.

My predicted grades are A*,A*,A in English Literature, Geography and Classical Civilisation, fingers crossed it will be what I achieve!!
At the moment I have received offers
from UEA, University of York and St Andrews, I am really pleased!

it is lovely to see people on this chat, I do not know anybody at my school hoping to take this course so I hope this is an opportunity to make some friends! :smile:

Hi! I'm applying to Cambridge too - which college are you applying to? And have you heard back anything about the interview yet :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by uwu ~
Hi! I'm applying to Cambridge too - which college are you applying to? And have you heard back anything about the interview yet :smile:

Hello there! I have applied to Newnham, but alas... no response yet. What about you? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by bee.02
Hello there! I have applied to Newnham, but alas... no response yet. What about you? :smile:

Neither do I... The wait is so annoying though. Btw, I’m applying to Magdalene :smile:)
Hello! I'm Imogen :smile:I've applied for History of Art at York, Leeds, Birmingham, Warwick and Cambridge (Downing College).I've gotten offers from all my choices apart from Cambridge and was wondering whether anyone else who has applied to Cambridge for History of Art has heard anything yet?
Original post by imogen.grimes
Hello! I'm Imogen :smile:I've applied for History of Art at York, Leeds, Birmingham, Warwick and Cambridge (Downing College).I've gotten offers from all my choices apart from Cambridge and was wondering whether anyone else who has applied to Cambridge for History of Art has heard anything yet?

hi! I've applied for history of art at Cambridge too (Magdelene) but still haven't heard anything about interviews :/ I know someone applying to queens has been given an interview. I thought we would have heard by now seeing as we didn't need to do a pre interview assessment but apparently not?
Original post by gracemrus
hi! I've applied for history of art at Cambridge too (Magdelene) but still haven't heard anything about interviews :/ I know someone applying to queens has been given an interview. I thought we would have heard by now seeing as we didn't need to do a pre interview assessment but apparently not?

Yeah, I hope we hear something soon! The at-interview assessment is on 1st December so surely they'll let us know by next week?
Hi, I’m Grace! I have applied to Oxford (Worcester), St Andrews, Exeter, York and Warwick. I have offers from all my choices but Oxford! I am so nervous waiting to hear about interviews...

My A Levels: History of Art (Pre-U), French and English Literature.

My GCSES: 9,9,9,9,8,8,8,A*,A*,5 - French, Music, Greek, Latin, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature, English Language, Fine Art

So nice to see others applying for the same course and universities! Good luck everyone 🤞
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending