The Student Room Group

GSK placements

Has anybody done a biological GSK placement in Stevenage? if so then i really want to hear about your experiences of working there and experiences of living in or around Stevenage

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't but I've applied to it - have you gotten back any kind of response yet? :smile:
Reply 2
I also applied in September and was wondering if anyone has received any updates
Reply 3
I haven’t heard anything either
Reply 4
I emailed them and they said my application is still under review. Hope that helps.
Reply 5
Original post by noorgal
I emailed them and they said my application is still under review. Hope that helps.

Right, thanks. I’ll just wait
Reply 6
hey! I have my assesment centre next week for GSK :smile: I got a response about the final stage a few days ago, around a month after filling out the application form:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by etj2000
hey! I have my assesment centre next week for GSK :smile: I got a response about the final stage a few days ago, around a month after filling out the application form:smile:

which placement did you apply to? Was it finance?
Reply 8
Original post by mizzy1999
which placement did you apply to? Was it finance?

hey! no its for the clinical research scientist positions:smile: I think its based at GSK House/Cambridge though not stevenage - but the deadline was mid october I think so it takes around a month for the whole process
Reply 9
Original post by etj2000
hey! no its for the clinical research scientist positions:smile: I think its based at GSK House/Cambridge though not stevenage - but the deadline was mid october I think so it takes around a month for the whole process

I applied for 3 clinical operations ones as well in September but haven’t heard back. Mine’s the Stevenage one though. Good luck!
Reply 10
Original post by etj2000

me too! Mine is on Friday :smile: I got the response on Sunday, after about a month as well. Hope it all goes well!

I applied to a Microbiology placement at Stevenage.
Reply 11
Oh my... I’m getting worried now
Reply 12
Original post by thegsss
Oh my... I’m getting worried now

I didn't mean to worry you!!! Each placement is different and you're doing a different placement to me - so the dates and when they process things etc. is probably different! Nice to see someone who's also gonna be at Stevenage though - keep me updated!
Reply 13
Original post by diancie
me too! Mine is on Friday :smile: I got the response on Sunday, after about a month as well. Hope it all goes well!

I applied to a Microbiology placement at Stevenage.

Eee good luck! Mines Wednesday - I’m just so worried about the technical questions!
How many roles are you interviewing for?
Reply 14
Original post by thegsss
I applied for 3 clinical operations ones as well in September but haven’t heard back. Mine’s the Stevenage one though. Good luck!

thank you! Mine was the start up one I think and then the two associate scientists (management and delivery!)
Reply 15
Original post by etj2000
thank you! Mine was the start up one I think and then the two associate scientists (management and delivery!)

Pretty much applied to the same ones, except instead of management, I chose data management. I hope I at least get an interview. I worked so had on that application.

What do you study if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 16
Original post by etj2000
Eee good luck! Mines Wednesday - I’m just so worried about the technical questions!
How many roles are you interviewing for?

Thank you - you too! On Wednesday I just have a meet & greet with the current IP students. I had to choose between three roles, and they've invited me to interview for one role (my second choice).
Reply 17
also yeah the technical questions are definitely the ones I'm fearing most as I don't know what to expect :/
Reply 18
Original post by thegsss
Pretty much applied to the same ones, except instead of management, I chose data management. I hope I at least get an interview. I worked so had on that application.

What do you study if you don’t mind me asking?

Honestly same it took me weeks to just perfect my form haha!
I study pharmacology!:smile:
Reply 19
Original post by diancie
Thank you - you too! On Wednesday I just have a meet & greet with the current IP students. I had to choose between three roles, and they've invited me to interview for one role (my second choice).

Ohh I see! Yeah my meet and greet is Tuesday:smile: oh nice! I’m being interviewed for all my choices which I’m pretty happy about ngl!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending