The Student Room Group

Administrative Officer NICS Competition

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard if any offers went out on Friday? I feel like a pest if I email HR Connect again.
Original post by TheCatFather
Has anyone heard if any offers went out on Friday? I feel like a pest if I email HR Connect again.

Nope nothing yet ...
I wonder will this help speed things up?? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54978774
Has anyone contacted them this week? My number will be blacklisted soon if I ring again lol
Original post by Humpday25
Has anyone contacted them this week? My number will be blacklisted soon if I ring again lol

My emails probably go straight to their junk folder 😂
I emailed HR Connect and they said offers will go out over the course of 3-4 months.
Original post by Flyjennyd
I emailed HR Connect and they said offers will go out over the course of 3-4 months.

That's ridiculous 🙈🙈
Reply 67
They make it sound like they’ve already filled the 500 vacancies in that BBC news article when you folks are still waiting to even hear where you’re placed. And it puts people who’ve applied for the EO work coach posts too in a difficult position if that competition moves faster than the AO one that started nearly a year ago. Such an inefficient recruitment system at the best of times, Covid makes it ten times worse
Reply 68
Does anyone know how long it roughly takes to be placed from when Security/ ID checks are completed?
Alot of people went through the ID and security checks at the start of October and are still waiting to be placed...
Reply 70
I’ve been progressed to security checks now coming up in December, and i’m from what would be the second tranche of AO candidates- so hopefully that’s good news for the first 500.
Which work pattern did you select in your original application?
Reply 72
Honestly can’t remember, was so long ago lol Pretty sure i selected all days and hours including AWP.
I think they are prioritising the UC jobs, so anyone that selected the AWP will get their offers ahead of others on the merit list, but it will be for UC. I think that's why you have your ID/security check even though many from the first batch still haven't been placed. I don't know of anyone who got an offer yet that hasn't been for either UC or else kept on in an office they were already in...there could be some, I just don't know of any..
Reply 74
Original post by Humpday25
I think they are prioritising the UC jobs, so anyone that selected the AWP will get their offers ahead of others on the merit list, but it will be for UC. I think that's why you have your ID/security check even though many from the first batch still haven't been placed. I don't know of anyone who got an offer yet that hasn't been for either UC or else kept on in an office they were already in...there could be some, I just don't know of any..

Moving from the devil i know to the devil i don’t, in that case. haha Let’s see what the new year brings.. i’m sure it’ll take until then! lol
Has anyone heard anything new?
Yep I got an offer this afternoon for pensions centre. Bit of a drive for me but beggars can’t be choosers!
Original post by Flyjennyd
Yep I got an offer this afternoon for pensions centre. Bit of a drive for me but beggars can’t be choosers!

Me too in the same place 🎉
Flyjennyd and The Cat Father can I ask approx what your merit positions were? Is Derry far for you?
Original post by TheCatFather
Me too in the same place 🎉

Ah good news! Do u know anything about what they do there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending