The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa geographers.....

Is this revision guide good for aqa? Currently, I don’t have a textbook or revision guide. I just use class but I think I should get one...
Thanks
The pic is below

Scroll to see replies

C1FC4B81-09BA-41B0-BCF6-4C474E81BC24.jpeg
Reply 2
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
C1FC4B81-09BA-41B0-BCF6-4C474E81BC24.jpeg

I personally don't have that one, I recommend the CGP ones if your not sure. They have really good and clear notes and you can buy the practice questions and flashcards with them too.
Original post by Fummi
I personally don't have that one, I recommend the CGP ones if your not sure. They have really good and clear notes and you can buy the practice questions and flashcards with them too.

Ok thank you, is that for aqa? And what grade did you get with them if you don’t mind me asking :smile:
Use the CGP guide! They’ve got it for a range of subjects and exam boards. I myself had the AQA Geography one :smile:
I got a grade 9
yeh like the person said cgp is the way to go also they offer practice papers so you can buy those as well
Original post by nikkiblonsky
yeh like the person said cgp is the way to go also they offer practice papers so you can buy those as well

Original post by ArtmisKco
Use the CGP guide! They’ve got it for a range of subjects and exam boards. I myself had the AQA Geography one :smile:
I got a grade 9

Thank you for your help! Should I buy the revision guide or textbook? Also, did you purely use ur textbook to get a 9 :smile:.
Thank you for your help! Should I buy the revision guide or textbook? Also, did you purely use ur textbook to get a 9 :smile:.

im still doin my gcses but cgp books do help! buy the revision guide and the workbook
im still doin my gcses but cgp books do help! buy the revision guide and the workbook

Ok ty
Ok ty

goodluck! anymore questions pm me
goodluck! anymore questions pm me

Will do, thanks again! :smile:
I have this textbook, it was provided by school. I think it's very good, and while I haven't used CGP Geography, I have used other CGPs mainly for science and they can feel a bit overwhelming at times, but this one is nice and spaced out. It's thicker, more like an actual textbook, but it contains lots of useful practice and exam questions, as well as revision activity ideas and exam tips too. I would recommend it, but CGP will also do you good :smile:
Original post by KaiRothwell
I have this textbook, it was provided by school. I think it's very good, and while I haven't used CGP Geography, I have used other CGPs mainly for science and they can feel a bit overwhelming at times, but this one is nice and spaced out. It's thicker, more like an actual textbook, but it contains lots of useful practice and exam questions, as well as revision activity ideas and exam tips too. I would recommend it, but CGP will also do you good :smile:

Which one is it? :smile:
Which one is it? :smile:

The "my revision notes" one, but you can't go wrong with CGP either :smile:
Original post by KaiRothwell
The "my revision notes" one, but you can't go wrong with CGP either :smile:

Ok thank you :smile:
Reply 15
Ok thank you, is that for aqa? And what grade did you get with them if you don’t mind me asking :smile:

Hi! Yeah they’re for aqa. Sorry I’m in year 11 currently but so far I used them to revise for my mock and got a level 8. My friend used them last year because the school gave them and she came out with a 9. Without the exam of course.
Original post by Fummi
Hi! Yeah they’re for aqa. Sorry I’m in year 11 currently but so far I used them to revise for my mock and got a level 8. My friend used them last year because the school gave them and she came out with a 9. Without the exam of course.

Could u pls send me a picture of the exact book please :smile:
Could u pls send me a picture of the exact book please :smile:

I don't do Geography but it's probably one of these:
Screenshot_20201119_211005_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
Reply 18
Original post by 1st superstar
I don't do Geography but it's probably one of these:
Screenshot_20201119_211005_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Those are the ones :smile: They’re so good especially doing the exam questions right after the reading the revision guide. Or a couple of days later. Good for active recall.
Original post by Fummi
Those are the ones :smile: They’re so good especially doing the exam questions right after the reading the revision guide. Or a couple of days later. Good for active recall.

Would you suggest the revision guide or textbook? Also how about if the books don’t have ur specific case studies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest