The Student Room Group

BP graduate programme 2021

Has anyone applied to one of the graduate schemes at BP? I’ve received invitation for video interview and wondered if I could get some guidance from someone who has completed one for BP.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dhru2000
Has anyone applied to one of the graduate schemes at BP? I’ve received invitation for video interview and wondered if I could get some guidance from someone who has completed one for BP.

BP's video was mostly behavioral questions with one market question

EDIT:

I'll put my timeline down for future reference, for BP Trading & Shipping / IST

Submitted Sept
Online tests Oct
Video int a week later
Technical int a month later
AC a week later
Received offer for trading a week later

HR said >5k apps for 5 trading spots = 0.1% offer rate
15 grad spots in total for BP trading & shipping (IST) - 5 analytics, 5 commercial, 5 trading
all-in comp is ~£65-75k first year -> ~£150k if you make junior trader (3 yrs later)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Buttmuffin
BP's vid is mostly behavioral questions with one market question, nothing out of the ordinary

Oh great thanks! Any idea how many questions there are in total?

How was the online verbal and numerical test? Just received IV for that.
Reply 4
Original post by extechlead
How was the online verbal and numerical test? Just received IV for that.

Honestly, I did not do as well as I had expected to on the tests but I passed the stage thankfully. The questions are easy I think but you have to answer them quickly. I mostly just struggled with time.
Honestly, I did not do as well as I had expected to on the tests but I passed the stage thankfully. The questions are easy I think but you have to answer them quickly. I mostly just struggled with time.

How long did it take them to get back to you after the tests?
Reply 6
Original post by extechlead
How long did it take them to get back to you after the tests?

I think over two weeks
Hi, how long did it take you guys to hear back after the first assessment (situational judgement), thanks?
Original post by MA17691921
Hi, how long did it take you guys to hear back after the first assessment (situational judgement), thanks?

Few days
Reply 9
has anyone heard back after VI?
Original post by Nafa007
has anyone heard back after VI?

I haven't heard back yet - keep checking my portal but it hasn't been updated since October
Reply 11
Hello, I have my video interview lined up. I would greatly appreciate if you could please let me know if you can text the questions you had encountered?Thanks!
Original post by BPTX12
Hello, I have my video interview lined up. I would greatly appreciate if you could please let me know if you can text the questions you had encountered?Thanks!

Asking for interview questions is at best risky, and at worst cheating - you have absolutely no guarantee that the people you ask for questions will be truthful; you are their competition, why would they want you to succeed? Practice standard competency-based interview questions and think about why you want this particular job, this should be standard interview prep anyway. These interviews aren't designed to catch you out. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by HearMeRoar
Asking for interview questions is at best risky, and at worst cheating - you have absolutely no guarantee that the people you ask for questions will be truthful; you are their competition, why would they want you to succeed? Practice standard competency-based interview questions and think about why you want this particular job, this should be standard interview prep anyway. These interviews aren't designed to catch you out. :smile:

Well if I were you, I would atleast give an overview of the interview. There is no harm in that. I always try to help out other candidates as much as I can. But it’s personal choice.

I appreciate your reply.
I just did mine a couple days ago. I am not sure whether I could pass. They didn’t ask too much specific or tech focus questions( I guess that depends on the role).
(edited 3 years ago)

Does it matter if you didn’t answer it long enough? The last question I only use like 1 mins to answer it but I managed to explain everything clearly
Reply 16
Original post by Lessuselin
Does it matter if you didn’t answer it long enough? The last question I only use like 1 mins to answer it but I managed to explain everything clearly

I think that should be fine as long as you answered the question well
Reply 17
Hi anyone heard back after the video interview? Anyone contacted Recruitment Team? Any idea how many weeks they take to get back to us?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by BPTX12
Hi anyone heard back after the video interview? Anyone contacted Recruitment Team? Any idea how many weeks they take to get back to us?

how many days you have been waiting for after the VI
I think that should be fine as long as you answered the question well

I think I stuttered a bit ( not very obvious though) in the first few questions cuz English isn’t my first language.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending