The Student Room Group

Advanced learner loan

Long story cut short, I’m repeating the full year on BEng Civil Engineering I’ve applied for student finance got my maintenance grand and loan accepted but tutoyions fees said 0 due to previous studies but last year I’ve filled in a compelling form and was awarded an extra year but unfortunately I have failed due to bereavement in the family. I’ve yet again asked student finance to allow me a further year provided all required evidence.

It’s been nearly 2 weeks and nothing has been updated on my account then today some sort of
Advanced learner loan” added into it but can’t click on it for the next 24 hours. Any idea what it is? Will this sort of pay my tuition
Fees d’or this year? How does it work? I’ve tried reading about it but not much informations on degree level other than Access to higher education or A levels. Will they pay for tuition fees if allow to apply for it on BEng Civil Engineering( repeating year 2)

Your response would greatly appreciated

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Long story cut short, I’m repeating the full year on BEng Civil Engineering I’ve applied for student finance got my maintenance grand and loan accepted but tutoyions fees said 0 due to previous studies but last year I’ve filled in a compelling form and was awarded an extra year but unfortunately I have failed due to bereavement in the family. I’ve yet again asked student finance to allow me a further year provided all required evidence.

It’s been nearly 2 weeks and nothing has been updated on my account then today some sort of
Advanced learner loan” added into it but can’t click on it for the next 24 hours. Any idea what it is? Will this sort of pay my tuition
Fees d’or this year? How does it work? I’ve tried reading about it but not much informations on degree level other than Access to higher education or A levels. Will they pay for tuition fees if allow to apply for it on BEng Civil Engineering( repeating year 2)

Your response would greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi, an Advanced Learner Loan is for further education courses, it sounds like you accidentally clicked this. You can find out more about this loan here http://ow.ly/7LGy30oSeKg

Have you sent us Compelling Personal Reasons evidence again?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Hi, thanks fir your response, I’ve sent another compelling personal reasons alongside the evidence over 2 weeks ago hoping I get a positive reply but what baffles me is the fact that I recently checked my student finance account and there was an advanced learner loan attached just on top of my 2020/21 course d’or this year stating that the information isn’t available for the next 24 hours” it’s been over a week. It disappeared 2 days ago and reappeared again.

My question is although I was given an extra year for compelling reasons as a direct entry to year 2 im repeating the whole year and just wondering how many times will I be able to ask for compelling reasons etc as I got this year 2 to repeat and year 3 until I finish. It is really stressful as uni is asking me for tuition fees which I’ve told them I’ve applied late with student finance for it having been told earlier on in the year that tuition fees for this year will be 0 due to previous studies in the past.
Your response would be great

Thanks
Reply 3
Hi another random question I wanted to get a bit of clarity from anyone out there. Let’s say at some point I decided to pursue a further education course at an accredited college/uni and apply for advanced learner loans which online says it covers from level 3,4,5 and 6 can I also apply for maintenance loan and grant from student finance while getting advanced learner loans covering my fees? I was also under the impression that level 5 is equivalent of year 2 bachelor with honours and level 6 is year 3 in bachelor with honours? Am
I right I’m assuming so?

Thanks
Original post by Leap80

My question is although I was given an extra year for compelling reasons as a direct entry to year 2 im repeating the whole year and just wondering how many times will I be able to ask for compelling reasons etc as I got this year 2 to repeat and year 3 until I finish. It is really stressful as uni is asking me for tuition fees which I’ve told them I’ve applied late with student finance for it having been told earlier on in the year that tuition fees for this year will be 0 due to previous studies in the past.
Your response would be great

Thanks

You can apply for CPR once per year.
Original post by Leap80
Hi another random question I wanted to get a bit of clarity from anyone out there. Let’s say at some point I decided to pursue a further education course at an accredited college/uni and apply for advanced learner loans which online says it covers from level 3,4,5 and 6 can I also apply for maintenance loan and grant from student finance while getting advanced learner loans covering my fees? I was also under the impression that level 5 is equivalent of year 2 bachelor with honours and level 6 is year 3 in bachelor with honours? Am
I right I’m assuming so?

Thanks

There is no Maintenance Loan available to Advanced Learner Loan applicants, only Tuition Fee Loan. An honours degree is level 6.
You can receive Advanced Learner Loan funding for level 5 and 6 NVQ's but not level 6 honours degrees. It must be further education. An honours degree is higher education.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending