How do I learn to let go of things?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I still feel really guilty and anxious about things that have happened way before in the past, some I know to be just simple human error, or embarrassing scenarios that everyone experiences... Despite this I feel find myself being sick to the core and feeling so worthless and disgusting... I just feel so guilty and like I'm one of the worst people in the world. I feel like I need to pay for all the wrong I've done... It gets so tiring feeling like this all the time. Any advice?
Strawberry_345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I still feel really guilty and anxious about things that have happened way before in the past, some I know to be just simple human error, or embarrassing scenarios that everyone experiences... Despite this I feel find myself being sick to the core and feeling so worthless and disgusting... I just feel so guilty and like I'm one of the worst people in the world. I feel like I need to pay for all the wrong I've done... It gets so tiring feeling like this all the time. Any advice?
accept that your human, everyone makes mistakes, me I've made so many mistakes in my life, like big mistakes and problems that I'm not proud of, but your human you can't be perfect, every single person makes mistakes in this world, if you continue thinking negatively like this your never going to find your way out, allow yourself to feel like this sometimes but understand that this is normal, we come into this world and go through challenges,issues etc I remember when my ex left me I blamed myself I hated myself for months and months and I'm an overthinker and a very heavy thinker and I have anxiety, so it's normal it takes time, time to understand and accept why your feeling like you are, sometimes you have your good days and your bad days, your not one of the worst people in the world, your human, you have your whole life ahead of you where your going to face new challenges,new people,new experiences etc and of course mistakes are going to happen but you can always learn from it, sometimes I lay awake at night and think to memories when i was happy at a certain time of my life because I'm currently unhappy and stuck in a pit of depression, your not alone, just know that this isn't forever and there's a light at the end of every tunnel, it might take you longer to accept this but when you learn to love yourself and accept things you'll become so much more content with yourself, just take time out and focus on yourself, work on yourself and i promise you'll see improvements
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Find a hobby
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Strawberry_345)
accept that your human, everyone makes mistakes, me I've made so many mistakes in my life, like big mistakes and problems that I'm not proud of, but your human you can't be perfect, every single person makes mistakes in this world, if you continue thinking negatively like this your never going to find your way out, allow yourself to feel like this sometimes but understand that this is normal, we come into this world and go through challenges,issues etc I remember when my ex left me I blamed myself I hated myself for months and months and I'm an overthinker and a very heavy thinker and I have anxiety, so it's normal it takes time, time to understand and accept why your feeling like you are, sometimes you have your good days and your bad days, your not one of the worst people in the world, your human, you have your whole life ahead of you where your going to face new challenges,new people,new experiences etc and of course mistakes are going to happen but you can always learn from it, sometimes I lay awake at night and think to memories when i was happy at a certain time of my life because I'm currently unhappy and stuck in a pit of depression, your not alone, just know that this isn't forever and there's a light at the end of every tunnel, it might take you longer to accept this but when you learn to love yourself and accept things you'll become so much more content with yourself, just take time out and focus on yourself, work on yourself and i promise you'll see improvements
Thank you... I understand your pain with the over thinking and anxiety. I'm sorry you're going through a tough time - I hope it gets better real soon. ❤️🤗
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.08%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (97)
10.73%
Lack of purpose or motivation (112)
12.39%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.87%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (49)
5.42%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (100)
11.06%
Financial worries (62)
6.86%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.54%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (87)
9.62%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (74)
8.19%

Watched Threads