The Student Room Group

Why might he be snapchatting me like this?

Just looking for outside perspective.

Recently (being a few months back) became friends with an ex on snapchat but we havent really communicated on the app since then.

It was his birthday recently so i wished him and he thanked me. And then a few hours later on the same day, he reignited the chat and we had a convo on snapchat lasting a couple of hours.

A few days later, he sent me two snaps but nothing that was specific to me so i didnt respond as i didnt know what to say. It was one of those mass sends.

Same thing happens a few days after that but the snap was linked with a new movie so i asked him if it was worth the watch. His response was dry and the convo ended v quickly. So that was that.

Now a few days later, hes sent me another generic snap. And its one of those mass send ones.

Obviously im now being included on these mass sends since our convo but why?? I thought it was to initiate convo but obviously not. However, i do get specifically selected for the snap to be sent to (as its not a snap which goes to a group etc).

Does anyone have any input?
Do u guys send generic (boring) snaps just mindlessly, not really wanting replies?
Original post by Anonymous
Just looking for outside perspective.

Recently (being a few months back) became friends with an ex on snapchat but we havent really communicated on the app since then.

It was his birthday recently so i wished him and he thanked me. And then a few hours later on the same day, he reignited the chat and we had a convo on snapchat lasting a couple of hours.

A few days later, he sent me two snaps but nothing that was specific to me so i didnt respond as i didnt know what to say. It was one of those mass sends.

Same thing happens a few days after that but the snap was linked with a new movie so i asked him if it was worth the watch. His response was dry and the convo ended v quickly. So that was that.

Now a few days later, hes sent me another generic snap. And its one of those mass send ones.

Obviously im now being included on these mass sends since our convo but why?? I thought it was to initiate convo but obviously not. However, i do get specifically selected for the snap to be sent to (as its not a snap which goes to a group etc).

Does anyone have any input?
Do u guys send generic (boring) snaps just mindlessly, not really wanting replies?

My ex used to do the same thing,
He might be clicking on your name as you appear at the top of his recent snap list and might be sending these generic snapchat’s to everyone he’s recently spoken to which i know is how i used to get these generic snaps from him.
Also it could be him interested in seeing if you reply but not actually interested in having a conversation.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Beth Mason
My ex used to do the same thing,
He might be clicking on your name as you appear at the top of his recent snap list and might be sending these generic snapchat’s to everyone he’s recently spoken to which i know is how i used to get these generic snaps from him.
Also it could be him interested in seeing if you reply but not actually interested in having a conversation.
Hope this helps :smile:

Ahh ok but whats the point sending snaps if you dont want to talk? Seems silly! Could just not include me...out of interest, did/do you reply to such snaps (are u supposed to?)
Original post by Anonymous
Ahh ok but whats the point sending snaps if you dont want to talk? Seems silly! Could just not include me...out of interest, did/do you reply to such snaps (are u supposed to?)

It definitely is silly but that’s men for you. I did until i realised they didn’t want a conversation as it wasn’t worth wasting my time. It might help if you just ask him why he keeps sending you those type of snaps it might clear things up, if not I just wouldnt reply and deal with the pointless snaps.
Reply 4
Original post by Beth Mason
It definitely is silly but that’s men for you. I did until i realised they didn’t want a conversation as it wasn’t worth wasting my time. It might help if you just ask him why he keeps sending you those type of snaps it might clear things up, if not I just wouldnt reply and deal with the pointless snaps.

Thanks - must just be one of those things !! Ill leave asking as not much to gain from it. Still odd to me though !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending