The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Uni of Leicester

Thinking about studying here, but don’t know much about the place.

How’s the area? Like the peoples have heard there are a lot of chavs/ Asian road men etc.

How’s the night life here too?
Original post by Stevie_Ggg

How’s the area? Like the peoples have heard there are a lot of chavs/ Asian road men etc.

hey, im a first year at leicester, and i do pharmaceutical chemistry. the uni itself is great in terms of the work we are set, the wellbeing support etc. Nightlife is also great in the student village. Theres not many chavs really, Leicester has a large Asian population but Ive never had any problems with that! quite an affordable place to live too.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
hey, im a first year at leicester, and i do pharmaceutical chemistry. the uni itself is great in terms of the work we are set, the wellbeing support etc. Nightlife is also great in the student village. Theres not many chavs really, Leicester has a large Asian population but Ive never had any problems with that! quite an affordable place to live too.

Not to sound racist or anything, but places with high Asian population tends to be more rough and run down. Is Leicester a clean place? Do you tend to see drug dealers roaming the streets and stuff?
Not to sound racist or anything, but places with high Asian population tends to be more rough and run down. Is Leicester a clean place? Do you tend to see drug dealers roaming the streets and stuff?

Most uni students live in Oadby Student Village, not in the city centre. Oadby is a very very rich area. In the city/around uni Ive not seen any dealers or anything of that sort, I would feel safe to be there by myself. Before lockdown there was a lot of great bars in the city too. In my opinion Leicester is a cleaner city, and I am from Sussex. I think you will find that there are rough areas wherever, it doesnt matter which race/ethnicities are living there.

100% agree with this.
Reply 5

I’ve heard it’s ****
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Most uni students live in Oadby Student Village, not in the city centre. Oadby is a very very rich area. In the city/around uni Ive not seen any dealers or anything of that sort, I would feel safe to be there by myself. Before lockdown there was a lot of great bars in the city too. In my opinion Leicester is a cleaner city, and I am from Sussex. I think you will find that there are rough areas wherever, it doesnt matter which race/ethnicities are living there.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
Reply 7
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
Leicester was one of my daughters options last year. The uni is nice, and oadby student village is lovely, full of big big houses. Library on campus is a good one as well. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6562744 post #3 is Leicester.
Reply 9
You sound racist and self important so you fit in well at uni of Leicester- racist institution

Man said 'Asian Roadmen' Wallah I'm dead 🤣🤣🤣 @YungLordRaf

Listen bro Asians/Muslims/Jews are people just like you and I - this sounds kinda judgemental based on stereotypes g
Original post by JP2000!!!
Man said 'Asian Roadmen' Wallah I'm dead 🤣🤣🤣 @YungLordRaf

man are really choosing where theyll spend the next few yrs of their life based on how many asians are there lmao
Original post by YungLordRaf
man are really choosing where theyll spend the next few yrs of their life based on how many asians are there lmao

sounds like a troll kmt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending