The Student Room Group

Abusive house

Once she I walked in the kitchen with my phone, she thought I had her phone and knocked my tooth out which never grow back. She still does pinching and slapping me over the most minor things. Sometimes she chases me round the house and stuff. I made my sister cry, I just said there is one of them clowns in the garden for a joke, she screamed, my mum chased me round the house from the kitchen and stuff.

All this is pretty bad, it’s just slapping pinching, prodding also emotional abuse like shouting and arguing over minor stuff. She called me a ******* and insults stuff. When I was at school she scared me, we used to go to some shops in this area which there was quite a lot of homeless people and my mum said if I fail my GCSEs that is where I’ll end up. This scared me for years, it kind of does slightly now because of ive not got GCSEs atm and stuff. The overreacting, I was drinking a can of beer, she said what is it so I told her it’s just beer and she was getting all*snappy*at me about it, it’s things like that, if we eat anything other than what she makes she’ll go*snappy*and by*snappy*I mean really mad and starts moaning.

I just don’t know what to do because lockdown is coming and I’m going to be getting this but I’m also going to be hearing everything I said above or similar I’m going to be hearing that happen with my other family members. I can’t move out. This is bad enough on the weekends and in the evenings so lockdown is not going to be good. The last lockdown, oh my god don’t get me started on it. Honestly what do I do
I’m really sorry to hear this is happening to you and my best wishes are with you. May I ask how old you are? It may be a good idea to contact childline or other organisations if you believe this is abuse
Reply 2
Original post by jackson222
I’m really sorry to hear this is happening to you and my best wishes are with you. May I ask how old you are? It may be a good idea to contact childline or other organisations if you believe this is abuse

I'm 20 so can't contact childline
My family were the exact same. I finally left at 19. Move out.
Reply 4
Original post by Moonlight rain
My family were the exact same. I finally left at 19. Move out.

No money
Original post by Anonymous
No money

Call your local council and tell them everything that happened and they will help you. This is domestic violence and your mum putting her hands on you is a crime.
Reply 6
Call your local council and tell them everything that happened and they will help you. This is domestic violence and your mum putting her hands on you is a crime.

Will be reporting

Agreed, as you’re 20 it’s a crime which puts you in danger. Be aware of what it may lead to, it’s completely your decision
Agreed, as you’re 20 it’s a crime which puts you in danger. Be aware of what it may lead to, it’s completely your decision

It’s a crime in any age
Reply 9

I'm not a child though so it might be more my responsibility
I'm not a child though so it might be more my responsibility

It’s not your responsibility at any age if you’re the victim of domestic violence
It’s a crime in any age

You’re right
Reply 12
I've read this before, did you get no advice then?
When I was at school she scared me, we used to go to some shops in this area which there was quite a lot of homeless people and my mum said if I fail my GCSEs that is where I’ll end up. This scared me for years, it kind of does slightly now because of ive not got GCSEs atm and stuff.

This is not abuse lol. Your mum was just pointing out a fact of life you to you. To me, it really sounds like you need to get your **** together and grow up. Get some qualifications, get a job, move out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending