The Student Room Group

Is "The Booking Team" modelling agency legit or a scam?

A modelling agency called "The Booking Team" got in contact with me today located in Birmingham, are they legit or a scam?
A simillar agency called "Bookings Management" located in Macnhester and London is said to be a scam, is this the same agency? I ask this because the email that "The Booking Team" sent me contains contact numbers for London and Manchester only (no birmingham contact number)

I hope this isn't a scam but if it is i'll cancel my appointment immediately

heres their website http://www.modelsbabychildteenadultshoot.com/
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Saturn
A modelling agency called "The Booking Team" got in contact with me today located in Birmingham, are they legit or a scam?
A simillar agency called "Bookings Management" located in Macnhester and London is said to be a scam, is this the same agency? I ask this because the email that "The Booking Team" sent me contains contact numbers for London and Manchester only (no birmingham contact number)

Definitely, definitely looks like a scam. These horrible agencies seem to never give up on exploiting people out of their money. :frown:
looks like a scam for sure
seems kind of weird to me that you can't see any of their 'models'
just a few clicks through the website shows it definitely doesn't seem profesional at all
Reply 3
Original post by Mr Saturn

they are scammers ...dont 'go ...they scam from me 300 paund a week ago
Original post by Gezime

Did u inform your bank about this?
Reply 5
I have read that they are scams too. I got a first hand experience aswell. A person went and had similar experience that matched what I also experienced as mine. They have offices in Birmingham, Manchester, London, Nottingham... They made me spend the good part of my day waiting. And after shooting, I was told that two companies are interested in me immediately. Something talent model..contact me.But Tesla Modelling was the first to contact me and the second contacted me. Both modelling agencies again demanded for a booking fee. After three days, a third agency contacted me that they are interested in me as well. Then after talk with the Tesla models, I received series of job opening, and I signed into few. But unfortunately, I have never heard a feed back from series of roles I signed into. I feel they have a sophisticated net of collaboration in their scam scheme as they have a perfect website and different companies . They make a very good photoshoot and have flashy studios to convince people aswell.
They’ll make you do a photo shoot then tell you that you need to pay 100’s of pounds to take your portfolio home with you. They also say 1-2 agencies have interest in you but those agencies end up wanting an upfront/administration fee before any work is done. It’s a well integrated complete scam from top to bottom. You’d be better off doing research on all modelling outlets to see if they’re real. And if it seems dodgy, 99% of the time it is
They ripped me off 350 pounds in leeds the name of the guy was grant and he ignores my messages and dont get back to me at all as he promised he would
Reply 8
Original post by go dady
i have read that they are scams too. I got a first hand experience aswell. A person went and had similar experience that matched what i also experienced as mine. They have offices in birmingham, manchester, london, nottingham... They made me spend the good part of my day waiting. And after shooting, i was told that two companies are interested in me immediately. Something talent model..contact me.but tesla modelling was the first to contact me and the second contacted me. Both modelling agencies again demanded for a booking fee. After three days, a third agency contacted me that they are interested in me as well. Then after talk with the tesla models, i received series of job opening, and i signed into few. But unfortunately, i have never heard a feed back from series of roles i signed into. I feel they have a sophisticated net of collaboration in their scam scheme as they have a perfect website and different companies . They make a very good photoshoot and have flashy studios to convince people aswell.

i had exactly the same situation today too !!! Now i am sure it was a scam ...
Original post by Rosario83
They ripped me off 350 pounds in leeds the name of the guy was grant and this is his phone number 07546 870128 he ignores my messages and dont get back to me at all as he promised he would

was it in morely?
Yes I went there today , is scam for sure
I've been scammed by this company and I was wondering whether i could get my money back because I payed £600. Can anyone help me please?
Are you talking about the booking team in Chatley Street, Cheetham Hill Manchester. Because if you are, I'm going there on Monday to ask for a refund. They have not been answering any of my calls or emails. The man that I was talking to persuaded me into paying money for a portofolio? I payed 250 for 3 pictures to be sent to modeling agencies. Only to find out the next day that the agencies that contacted me were a complete scam.If your interested, I'm going to be their Monday 2.45. If you know anyone else that has been scammed by this agency tell them to come along. I know this might sound aggressive but you don't know what these people are like. They will more likely listen if alot of people show up demanding a refund. This message Is intended to be peaceful and in no way intended for wrong reasons.
They are a scam. Don't trust them

^Should be in all caps but it won't let me.
(edited 3 years ago)
It’s a scam I went there today and got scammed of £300 for a portfolio I’m so upset I feel so dumb and have no idea what I can do or who to report this to I want my money back but I signed a contract like an idiot
Original post by Gezime

Did you get your money back ?
Original post by Quetsiya
Are you talking about the booking team in Chatley Street, Cheetham Hill Manchester. Because if you are, I'm going there on Monday to ask for a refund. They have not been answering any of my calls or emails. The man that I was talking to persuaded me into paying money for a portofolio? I payed 250 for 3 pictures to be sent to modeling agencies. Only to find out the next day that the agencies that contacted me were a complete scam.If your interested, I'm going to be their Monday 2.45. If you know anyone else that has been scammed by this agency tell them to come along. I know this might sound aggressive but you don't know what these people are like. They will more likely listen if alot of people show up demanding a refund. This message Is intended to be peaceful and in no way intended for wrong reasons.

I got scammed by them yesterday I should of done my research , did you end up getting refunded ?
Reply 17
Can we all go on Monday please.. I got scammed too over the week. I feel like we should go and threaten to damage their work stuff or even damage it if they refuse to pay back. This year has already stressed us out
Reply 18
Original post by Quetsiya

Hiii any news on how it went?
Reply 19
Original post by yuubbbaaa5
I got scammed by them yesterday I should of done my research , did you end up getting refunded ?

Do you want to go to them? Cuz I don’t mind causing a scene

Quick Reply

Latest