The Student Room Group

NO friends at sixth form

I'm generally a shy person, I'll admit that. But that hasn't really hindered my attempt at making friends before? Outside of college, I have a decent amount of friends and get on with them. But in my specific sixth form, I'm in year 13 and still do not really have a single friend. I talk to some people in my classes, sure. I feel like no one really likes me either? I remember last year I was in the library to catch up on an essay and a girl from my class whispered to someone and said I was 'weird' but then told me to look after her bag for her??
Original post by Anonymous
I'm generally a shy person, I'll admit that. But that hasn't really hindered my attempt at making friends before? Outside of college, I have a decent amount of friends and get on with them. But in my specific sixth form, I'm in year 13 and still do not really have a single friend. I talk to some people in my classes, sure. I feel like no one really likes me either? I remember last year I was in the library to catch up on an essay and a girl from my class whispered to someone and said I was 'weird' but then told me to look after her bag for her??

try speaking more to the people you sit next to you in class and then if they are quite friendly maybe go with them for lunch? do you have a common room? - smile and someone if they seem friendly go over and speak to them more.

is this a sixth form that you joined in y12?
Find a hobby.

Are there any clubs there that you could attend.
Reply 4
try speaking more to the people you sit next to you in class and then if they are quite friendly maybe go with them for lunch? do you have a common room? - smile and someone if they seem friendly go over and speak to them more.

is this a sixth form that you joined in y12?

Nah, I joined near the end of last year but it's almost December now and I know no one
Reply 5
Original post by Emma:-)
Are there any clubs there that you could attend.

No clubs due to covid and the time we're in college has been reduced
Nah, I joined near the end of last year but it's almost December now and I know no one

so are you y13 then? im confused sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending