The Student Room Group

Any Americans Studying Law In the UK?

Hi! Are there any Americans studying law in the UK, specifically England? I have a Bachelors degree already from an American university and want to go into a GDL program. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this and what the experience was like for you? Does being a foreigner hinder you from getting a training contract? Any answers will be greatly appreciated. I am currently applying to three universities for September 2021 intake. Thank you!
Original post by Icecreamandpizza
Hi! Are there any Americans studying law in the UK, specifically England? I have a Bachelors degree already from an American university and want to go into a GDL program. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this and what the experience was like for you? Does being a foreigner hinder you from getting a training contract? Any answers will be greatly appreciated. I am currently applying to three universities for September 2021 intake. Thank you!

Well you would likely have to deal with getting a work VISA, im not sure how difficult this is but my impression is these firms are allowed to take international students, and they are likely familiar with the process but I would imagine it is more competitive.

I think if you then want to qualify as an attorney i the states afterwatds it could be much harder, but im not sure.
Original post by mnot
Well you would likely have to deal with getting a work VISA, im not sure how difficult this is but my impression is these firms are allowed to take international students, and they are likely familiar with the process but I would imagine it is more competitive.

I think if you then want to qualify as an attorney i the states afterwatds it could be much harder, but im not sure.

Thanks for answering but no I am not wanting to qualify in the states. I want to practice law in England. And yes, I'm aware of the visa situation. I've lived in London before on a visa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending