The Student Room Group

Special support element of maintenance loan and parental income

Hi, wondering if anyone could offer me some advice! so I'm currently a second year student repeating modules due to ill health. I have also recently been awarded Personal Independence Payment. I have tried to enquire about the special support element, to see if I'm entitled to it, but many advisors don't give me a clear answer. I am entitled to the minimum amount of maintenance loan, due to my parents income. So, would I be able to get the special support element? Thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lozatttx
Hi, wondering if anyone could offer me some advice! so I'm currently a second year student repeating modules due to ill health. I have also recently been awarded Personal Independence Payment. I have tried to enquire about the special support element, to see if I'm entitled to it, but many advisors don't give me a clear answer. I am entitled to the minimum amount of maintenance loan, due to my parents income. So, would I be able to get the special support element? Thanks

Hi, to receive the special support element you must be entitled to means tested funding. If you are only entitled to the non means tested amount then no special support will be awarded.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending