The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

some jobs require degrees. some people want to experience uni life.

lots of different reasons.

we shouldn’t shame people for going to uni and we shouldn’t shame others for not going. everyone has different paths in life.
Original post by Anonymous
You can still get a decent job without going

To boast on this platform called TSR.
Reply 3
Original post by baby.bear
some jobs require degrees. some people want to experience uni life.

lots of different reasons.

we shouldn’t shame people for going to uni and we shouldn’t shame others for not going. everyone has different paths in life.

Which jobs?
I'm not shaming people if anything i think its good but I'm just asking why
Reply 4
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
To boast on this platform called TSR.

🤣🤣🤣
Which jobs?
I'm not shaming people if anything i think its good but I'm just asking why

STEM mainly. but many jobs are getting more competitive so a degree will make a candidate stand out more, hence why people choose to go and get further education.
Reply 6
Original post by baby.bear
STEM mainly. but many jobs are getting more competitive so a degree will make a candidate stand out more, hence why people choose to go and get further education.

What the hell is STEM
I wanna do social work and to do it I have to get a degree. If there was another way then I would go there
Various reasons some people just want to build independence whilst gaining life experiences away from home and others may want to pursue a degree to increase their chances of landing a job in a similar field. I personally went for the experience.
Original post by Moonlight rain
I wanna do social work and to do it I have to get a degree. If there was another way then I would go there

What type of social work?
its my life therefore my choice and I want to go to uni; I realise there are various different mindsets existing
What type of social work?

Social work for domestic violence
Original post by Black Cat
Various reasons some people just want to build independence whilst gaining life experiences away from home and others may want to pursue a degree to increase their chances of landing a job in a similar field. I personally went for the experience.

But people go to study stuff. I didnt know people just go for experience to move out of home because they have to study stuff as well and if you want to go for that its why don't they just move out
Original post by Moonlight rain
Social work for domestic violence

Can't you just be a police officer that's doing that and you don’t need qualifications for that
I have to as a healthcare professional, I can't make somone a leg that they can safely walk on without knowing how to do that and for my knowledge to be tested meticulously by experts in the field.

But I know poeple who are just at uni for the social side.

Both are fine, one may seem a bit of waste of money but it's very common for uni to be the place where you find yourself, what you love, what you hate, it's a time to try new things and then choose never again. It's a stepping stone between school and reality and for most their first taste of true independence.

Most people don't even really pay for uni as they just take out a loan they'll never repay, so it really is just like a path in a thousand directions for anyone to explore.
Call me nerdy, but I'm mainly going for the education and knowledge.
Can't you just be a police officer that's doing that and you don’t need qualifications for that

Police officer is a dangerous af job I could never do that and it wouldn’t make me happy

So you think we shouldn’t have any social workers in the world, or doctors, or vets, or lawyers...
plenty of reasons people go to uni and tbf it’s not really anyone’s business but their own why they do or do not.
Original post by GabiAbi84
So you think we shouldn’t have any social workers in the world, or doctors, or vets, or lawyers...
plenty of reasons people go to uni and tbf it’s not really anyone’s business but their own why they do or do not.

I don't ****ing know about its not against the law to ask ffs

Latest

Trending

Trending