The Student Room Group

Parents won't let me get a motorbike

I'm moving out soon so the "their house their rules" excuse can't be used because I know that's a regular thing to be thrown here. I'm moving out, im getting a new apartment built from scratch so when that's built im out of my parents house. I know my mum would probably try her best to get me to sell it while my other family members will just be mad but will get used to the idea but yes

Scroll to see replies

okay
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
okay

Why waste time and just put ok?
Reply 3
you've got wise parents.

motorbikes are much more dangerous than cars.
Yeah they're cheaper to run, but they're not worth the risk imo.

Sooner or later you are likely to have an accident driving an automobile. Pretty much everyone does as some point. With a motorbike your chances of sustaining significant injury are a lot higher than someone in a car.

I know someone with a motorbike.
he ended up breaking his arm/hand in several places, had to have surgery and get pins put in.
had he been in a car he would have likely not sustained such an injury.
Reply 4
Original post by ANM775
you've got wise parents.

motorbikes are much more dangerous than cars.
Yeah they're cheaper to run, but they're not worth the risk imo.

Sooner or later you are likely to have an accident driving an automobile. Pretty much everyone does as some point. With a motorbike your chances of sustaining significant injury are a lot higher than someone in a car.

I know someone with a motorbike.
he ended up breaking his arm/hand in several places, had to have surgery and get pins put in.
had he been in a car he would have likely not sustained such an injury.

I have a car. What about a moped or scooter then?
Do whatever you like 🤷🏼*♀️ your choice.
Reply 6
Original post by GabiAbi84
Do whatever you like 🤷🏼*♀️ your choice.

Yes
Original post by Anonymous
I'm moving out soon so the "their house their rules" excuse can't be used because I know that's a regular thing to be thrown here. I'm moving out, im getting a new apartment built from scratch so when that's built im out of my parents house. I know my mum would probably try her best to get me to sell it while my other family members will just be mad but will get used to the idea but yes

Your life to throw away. 50x more likely to result in a fatality than driving a car. One of the top suppliers of organs to the NHS.
Yes

Why waste time and just put yes?

^^
Reply 9
I have a car. What about a moped or scooter then?

They are almost as dangerous as motorbikes, but not quite as they can't go quite as fast.

If you have a car stick with your car, or buy a new car that you like better.

When I was 16/17ish a friend of mine ended up cracking his helmet whilst he was hit by a bus when on his moped.
Original post by ANM775
They are almost as dangerous as motorbikes, but not quite as they can't go quite as fast.

If you have a car stick with your car, or buy a new car that you like better.

When I was 16/17ish a friend of mine ended up cracking his helmet whilst he was hit by a bus when on his moped.

I don't know
Original post by 999tigger
Your life to throw away. 50x more likely to result in a fatality than driving a car. One of the top suppliers of organs to the NHS.

If you are safe and responsible you will be fine
Reply 12
If you are safe and responsible you will be fine

that's a bit naive

an accident doesn't have to be YOUR fault for it to occur. Sometimes you get idiot drivers.

I was almost in an accident a couple of months ago when I was a passenger in a car. Some other driver swerved lanes in front of us without bothering to check his mirrors. the driver of the car i was in had to make a desperate swerve and was probably less than a centimeter from crashing into some railings as a result.
Reply 13
Reported now leave me alone

people like you are exactly why this site has deteriorated so badly over the years. reporting anything and everything they disagree with, even when there's no rule breaking 🙄
You said im naive you wasteman

Well you’re acting naive... and you’re spitting the dummy out because people don’t agree with you... 🤷🏼*♀️
Reply 15
You said im naive you wasteman

reported :h:
Original post by ANM775

PRSOM!!! 😹
Well you’re acting naive... and you’re spitting the dummy out because people don’t agree with you... 🤷🏼*♀️

Hes just jealous because im getting a motorbike
Hes just jealous because im getting a motorbike

😹😹
It’s funny you think either of those things are true!
Original post by ANM775

😹😹
It’s funny you think either of those things are true!

It seems like it,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending