The Student Room Group

Office, Call centre or Recruitment roles

So I have worked for quite a few years but due to personal circumstances had to take a year and half break.

I'm not feeling very confident talking about my past experiences in interviews but I really need to get a job.

I would prefer an office role, dealing with queries and helping people for now.

I have no idea where to apply, I have tried generic Reed, CV library but it has got me nowhere.

Any suggestions? Do I just search companies and apply directly for call centre, recruitment agency jobs. Do you know anyone hiring? I get thrown off by filling long application forms when applying directly to companies.Appreciate suggestions....
(edited 3 years ago)
Try LinkedIn. Think about what sort of job you want etc. Use the Internet to find jobs that are appropriate.
Reed, CV library are rubbish... Use indeed
Original post by Justfedup
So I have worked for quite a few years but due to personal circumstances had to take a year and half break.

I'm not feeling very confident talking about my past experiences in interviews but I really need to get a job.

I would prefer an office role, dealing with queries and helping people for now.

I have no idea where to apply, I have tried generic Reed, CV library but it has got me nowhere.

Any suggestions? Do I just search companies and apply directly for call centre, recruitment agency jobs. do you know anyone hiring. Appreciate suggestions....

Apply directly and avoid jobs advertised via recruitment agency websites, they usually just mess you around etc ask you for your whole life story
Reply 4
Original post by Shakedown
Apply directly and avoid jobs advertised via recruitment agency websites, they usually just mess you around etc ask you for your whole life story

Yes I've noticed that too. thanks will try that
Call centres will basically always be hiring, they have very high turnover rates. Just search contact agent/call centre agent roles on a site like indeed or google or something, note the names of the companies running these call centres, and look on their websites for vacancies.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Shakedown
Reed, CV library are rubbish... Use indeed

I haven't had luck with indeed either unfortunately, get scammers
Original post by Justfedup
I haven't had luck with indeed either unfortunately, get scammers

I've always used Indeed my tactic is if you see a job advertised, they usually give you the name of the company, so copy and paste it into Google and check to make sure they are legit then apply, normally with Indeed all the legit companies, indeed redirects you directly to their website to apply

Any questions just shout
There was a job i applied to on Indeed last month, the company didn't advertise the job on their website yet every agency, indeed etc had it advertised!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending