The Student Room Group

Likelihood of receiving an offer

Hello
I’ve recently applied to Imperial College London, to get onto Physics with Theoretical Physics Msci course. However, I only do 3 A-levels: Physics, Maths and Philosophy. I’m predicted A*A*A, with the A*s being in physics and maths. Do I have a good shot of getting an offer?
GCSE’s?
Original post by CaptainDuckie
GCSE’s?

Physics 9
Chemistry 9
Biology 9
Maths 8
Geography 8
Business 8
RPE 8
English Lit 7
Original post by PurpleFlowers
Physics 9
Chemistry 9
Biology 9
Maths 8
Geography 8
Business 8
RPE 8
English Lit 7

English language 9, forgot to add that on sorry
English language 9, forgot to add that on sorry

Hi,

Very high, just make sure you do well on your interviews

Good luck :smile:
For some reason, the physics department isn’t interviewing this year. Thanks for the good luck wish.
https://www.admissionreport.com/imperial-college-london/msci-physics-with-theoretical-physics
Very high since this is a relatively uncompetitive subject with a 42% offer rate, and you already achieved the highest grade for the two most relevant subject.
I'd personally say you have over 50% chance
Thanks for the response! Appreciate it
Hello
I’ve recently applied to Imperial College London, to get onto Physics with Theoretical Physics Msci course. However, I only do 3 A-levels: Physics, Maths and Philosophy. I’m predicted A*A*A, with the A*s being in physics and maths. Do I have a good shot of getting an offer?

Hi there,

According to the Imperial website, the entry requirements are:

Our minimum entry standard for 2021 entry is A*A*A overall, to include:
A* in Mathematics
A*/A in Physics
A*/A in a third subject

Your predicted grades meet the requirements, as do the subjects that you're taking. I don't see any reason why you haven't got a good shot at receiving an offer :smile: That being said, I imagine universities like Imperial may be more likely to send offers to people who surpass the entry requirements (i.e. A*A*A*, or more than 3 A-Levels, an EPQ and so on). Regardless, you've got a good set of A-Level subjects and amazing predicted grades so fingers crossed :smile:

Jessica, a final year NatSci student
Thank you very much for the response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending