The Student Room Group

Girl I like has hugged me twice randomly?

First time we were both drunk and she gave me this long hug and rested her head on my shoulder. All I remember is that I was teasing her before she hugged me.

Second time, we weren't drunk. We were just talking, I was cleaning dishes and she sideway hugged me and rested her head on my shoulder. I should have pulled her closer, but stupidly I didn't really react.

Why is she doing this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Okay, hugs can be just friendly, but leaning her head on your shoulder suggests she's interested in you
Look out for more signs, if you like her and she likes you then it's perfect
She likes you, do it back and see what she does :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Shadow~
Okay, hugs can be just friendly, but leaning her head on your shoulder suggests she's interested in you
Look out for more signs, if you like her and she likes you then it's perfect

This was last night:

I headed downstairs and she was there with other flatmates. She tells me "Where have you been all day? Why didn't you come and see me I was in (her best friend)'s room all day?" --- I told her "You could've come and knocked on my door if you missed me that much"
Reply 4
Original post by Amy Sizer
She likes you, do it back and see what she does :smile:

She once put her legs over mine when we cuddled too. I don't know if she likes me back... especially when she told me a few days ago that she "doesn't want to get attached"?!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
This was last night:

I headed downstairs and she was there with other flatmates. She tells me "Where have you been all day? Why didn't you come and see me I was in (her best friend)'s room all day?" --- I told her "You could've come and knocked on my door if you missed me that much"

omg you're such a guy :biggrin: what did she say to that?
but her wanting to see you also shows interest
shoot your shot!
Reply 6
Original post by Shadow~
omg you're such a guy :biggrin: what did she say to that?
but her wanting to see you also shows interest
shoot your shot!

She just giggled, and asked if I could be the voiceover for her friend's video... that's when she dropped another compliment about my voice.

Sometimes I feel like she's ignoring me...
She once put her legs over mine when we cuddled too. I don't know if she likes me back... especially when she told me a few days ago that she "doesn't want to get attached"?!

Maybe she likes you and is putting up defences in case you don't like her. Generally, people don't do those things if you don't like somebody at all. I would say you're not wrong to be reading the signs like this but if she turns around and says she doesn't like you then either shes lying or she's got some issues and you dodged a bullet? If you want to tell her how you feel, do it selflessly, without looking for an answer and it's just so she knows because if you're only looking for her answer you may get disappointed

We can't really tell you what's up, only you know the vibe. From the sounds of it shes giving you signals but she's wishy washy

good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Amy Sizer
Maybe she likes you and is putting up defences in case you don't like her. Generally, people don't do those things if you don't like somebody at all. I would say you're not wrong to be reading the signs like this but if she turns around and says she doesn't like you then either shes lying or she's got some issues and you dodged a bullet? If you want to tell her how you feel, do it selflessly, without looking for an answer and it's just so she knows because if you're only looking for her answer you may get disappointed

We can't really tell you what's up, only you know the vibe. From the sounds of it shes giving you signals but she's wishy washy

good luck :smile:

She has explicitly said it to me, but she thinks that I only talk my native tongue to girls I want to pick up... this was a few moments before she hugged randomly.
Reply 9

Ask yourself this question. would a straight male friend be acting like this towards you?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
Ask yourself this question. would a straight male friend by acting like this towards you?

Of course not... but she's a straight girl and she could just be friendly flirting no?
Reply 11
Of course not... but she's a straight girl and she could just be friendly flirting no?

Then more than likely she is attracted to you.

Make a move or you will probably regret it when she starts dating someone else.....
Original post by ANM775
Then more than likely she is attracted to you.

Make a move or you will probably regret it when she starts dating someone else.....

Despite telling me, before all these things in OP happened, that she doesn't want to get attached?
Reply 13
Despite telling me, before all these things in OP happened, that she doesn't want to get attached?

she is attracted to you. she is saying she doesn't want to get attached because she is unsure if you feel the same way, or is reluctant to start a relationship with you for some other reason.

but it's quite obvious she is attracted to you, so definitely worth a shot pursuing.
Reply 14
First time we were both drunk and she gave me this long hug and rested her head on my shoulder. All I remember is that I was teasing her before she hugged me.

Second time, we weren't drunk. We were just talking, I was cleaning dishes and she sideway hugged me and rested her head on my shoulder. I should have pulled her closer, but stupidly I didn't really react.

Why is she doing this?

In the time it has taken to repeatedly post this on TSR you could have asked this girl what she wants if she doesn't want an attachment.

Stop spamming, stop talking.
Original post by ANM775
she is attracted to you. she is saying she doesn't want to get attached because she is unsure if you feel the same way, or is reluctant to start a relationship with you for some other reason.

but it's quite obvious she is attracted to you, so definitely worth a shot pursuing.

I see. It's because it's when I told her I fancied her on the 3rd night she told me "I don't want to get attached"... maybe I came on a bit strong, and she backed off, but then realised that I'm not a psycho and came back?

Maybe there's some reluctance, but there's not much I can do about that.
Original post by Surnia
In the time it has taken to repeatedly post this on TSR you could have asked this girl what she wants if she doesn't want an attachment.

Stop spamming, stop talking.

You realise how that's going to make her feel, if I again start asking her what she wants? If there comes another situation in which she starts cuddling/hugging me, I'm going to make out with her.
Reply 17
You realise how that's going to make her feel, if I again start asking her what she wants? If there comes another situation in which she starts cuddling/hugging me, I'm going to make out with her.

No I dont know that's going to make her feel, because all you post is she hugs etc and doesn't want attachments. What does she want?

And going from her hugging you to you snogging her is a bit of an escalation; don't do anything like that until you understand her motives.
Reply 18
I see. It's because it's when I told her I fancied her on the 3rd night she told me "I don't want to get attached"... maybe I came on a bit strong, and she backed off, but then realised that I'm not a psycho and came back?

Maybe there's some reluctance, but there's not much I can do about that.

I was not aware of that part.

That changes my reply then.
I would take that as a rejection, but if she is still hugging you and draping her legs all over you perhaps there is potential for her to change her mind.

When lock down ends try to take her somewhere on a night out, preferably with music playing and little social distancing (this may be hard to impossible depending on how the pubs are operating in your area) after she's had a good bit of alcohol to loosen her inhibitions, tell her you fancy her again ...and then see if you can put in on her. make sure you have some alcohol too to loosen your inhibitions also
Reply 19
to be fair, i've not had much female friends..., but the ones i had, apart from a brief hug meeting or greeting sometimes ... the relationship in terms physicality was the same as with my male friends.

I can remember one girl who admitted she had feelings for me, and another guy in the group by posting it on a forum. I just pretended i hadn't seen that when i saw her next.................., but even she didn't get touchy feely or anything.

if a female friends starting proper cuddling me, and draping her legs over me like with the OP .. i would start to think somethings up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending