The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics or Economic History

I am planning to apply to LSE Economics but since the competition is too high for this course, should i think of economic history instead? My personal statement is convincing for both and thats not an issue. I have met the entry requirements for Eco History
I'd say apply to the course you're passionate about. Only apply to economic history if that's actually what you want to study, not because it's less competitive than economics.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I am planning to apply to LSE Economics but since the competition is too high for this course, should i think of economic history instead? My personal statement is convincing for both and thats not an issue. I have met the entry requirements for Eco History

You are strongly advised to apply for the programme you are most academically interested in spending the next three years studying. I would recommend listening to the Virtual Undergraduate Open Day talks delivered by both academic departments and read through the programme course descriptions to determine which of the programmes is most suited to your particular area of interest.
Reply 3
Original post by LSE
You are strongly advised to apply for the programme you are most academically interested in spending the next three years studying. I would recommend listening to the Virtual Undergraduate Open Day talks delivered by both academic departments and read through the programme course descriptions to determine which of the programmes is most suited to your particular area of interest.

how about I apply to both Economics and the Economic History course? Its not like I will waste one of my choice because I have UCL, Warwick and Bristol as my other choices and really don't want any other unis, its like either I will go to these or wont study. (I am an international student and a current 1st year university student so I am not at loss) . My thing is I am interested in both the course equally and I have spent hours researching about it, I will be happy if I get in any of the two.
Reply 4
how about I apply to both Economics and the Economic History course? Its not like I will waste one of my choice because I have UCL, Warwick and Bristol as my other choices and really don't want any other unis, its like either I will go to these or wont study. (I am an international student and a current 1st year university student so I am not at loss) . My thing is I am interested in both the course equally and I have spent hours researching about it, I will be happy if I get in any of the

It is possible to apply to more than one programme at LSE, but remember that you will only be able to provide one Personal Statement, which must be well-focused and relevant to all 5 UCAS choices.
Original post by LSE
It is possible to apply to more than one programme at LSE, but remember that you will only be able to provide one Personal Statement, which must be well-focused and relevant to all 5 UCAS choices.

I applied to LSE Economics and Economic History at the start of October but still haven't heard anything. When do you star giving offers? It's my top choice I really want to study the course.
Reply 6
I applied to LSE Economics and Economic History at the start of October but still haven't heard anything. When do you star giving offers? It's my top choice I really want to study the course.

From what I know... lse doesn’t looks at any application until Jan because only by then all applications comes in... so you got to be patient
Reply 7

LSE transmits its first decisions to UCAS from mid-November. Further decisions are transmitted on a weekly basis via UCAS Track. As all applications received by 15 January deadline are given fair and equal treatment, early applications may be held as part of a gathered field alongside all ‘on-time’ applications. All decisions will be made by the 31st March at the latest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending