The Student Room Group

Epq help

I just started drafting my epq(I’m in year 12) and I have no idea how to structure it and add statistics and stamens from articles. Advice please!
Hi, I'm a Year 13 student who has just finished my EPQ so I'd love to help. What is your title?
Reply 2
Original post by hermionejl
Hi, I'm a Year 13 student who has just finished my EPQ so I'd love to help. What is your title?

Is there a mental health stigma in ethnic minority communities.
Original post by Briana5647
Is there a mental health stigma in ethnic minority communities?

I think that that title is not quite evaluative enough for an EPQ. Maybe you should do 'Explore/ evaluate the extent to which there is a mental health stigma in ethnic minority communities in the UK?' or even "To what extent has the stigma around mental health changed in the UK's ethnic minorities since the 1980's."

All these titles will just give you a little more to explore and add structure to your argument.

Are you focusing on the UK? Because if you are I think you should start by laying out the number of ethnic minorities in the UK by region or city ie. Manchester or London and just generally sum up the ethnic populations of the UK. This will give you a good start/ history.

Then maybe you could divide your chapters into each different ethnic minorities eg. Jamaican/ East Asian/ Hispanic. Use suicide statistics and interviews with mental health professionals and see what they say. Culture will probably play an impact into your concussion so look at the cultures of different ethnicities and how this might impact their approach to mental health
Reply 4
Original post by hermionejl
I think that that title is not quite evaluative enough for an EPQ. Maybe you should do 'Explore/ evaluate the extent to which there is a mental health stigma in ethnic minority communities in the UK?' or even "To what extent has the stigma around mental health changed in the UK's ethnic minorities since the 1980's."

All these titles will just give you a little more to explore and add structure to your argument.

Are you focusing on the UK? Because if you are I think you should start by laying out the number of ethnic minorities in the UK by region or city ie. Manchester or London and just generally sum up the ethnic populations of the UK. This will give you a good start/ history.

Then maybe you could divide your chapters into each different ethnic minorities eg. Jamaican/ East Asian/ Hispanic. Use suicide statistics and interviews with mental health professionals and see what they say. Culture will probably play an impact into your concussion so look at the cultures of different ethnicities and how this might impact their approach to mental health

I’m looking at BAME communities in mostly UK and America thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending