The Student Room Group

Merseyside Police Recruitment February 2020.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JohnathanPM
Well done pal, great to hear!

How was the final interview? I presume a lot is just personality gauging but is there anything you would advise to prepare for in particular?D

Done my Assessment at the start of Nov, good luck with your results. I done a final interview for PCSO a few months ago, but ultimately waited to do PC route instead, i was successful in the PCSO interview. It was pretty laid back to be fair - competency based questions.
Original post by tefc2020
Done my Assessment at the start of Nov, good luck with your results. I done a final interview for PCSO a few months ago, but ultimately waited to do PC route instead, i was successful in the PCSO interview. It was pretty laid back to be fair - competency based questions.

Thank you! I best get the prep out again.

Good luck with your chosen route and well done for passing the PCSO interview!
Reply 22
Well done pal, great to hear!

How was the final interview? I presume a lot is just personality gauging but is there anything you would advise to prepare for in particular?

It wasnt too bad to be honest it was over skype. lasts around 30 minutes. I would just make sure you check out their website and learn about the force, and also have a lot of competency examples ready to mention!
Awesome mate, well done. Any preference of area? Still waiting for my results.
Original post by erg97
It wasnt too bad to be honest it was over skype. lasts around 30 minutes. I would just make sure you check out their website and learn about the force, and also have a lot of competency examples ready to mention!

Original post by erg97

Ahh sound, hopefully I get the results soon and onto more prep!

Thanks for the feedback mate and all the best!
Reply 26

Liverpool or Sefton! How about you?
Have you applied for PCDA route or DHEP? Also do any of you happen to know if and when you can give preferences of where to be based?
Reply 28
Original post by thinblueline455
Have you applied for PCDA route or DHEP? Also do any of you happen to know if and when you can give preferences of where to be based?

DHEP. If im honest im not sure! I imagine you will be able to give a preference once you get a start date?
Original post by erg97
DHEP. If im honest im not sure! I imagine you will be able to give a preference once you get a start date?

You can give a preference, but they stick you wherever they want. I'm based in Liverpool, but have friends who are stationed in the Wirral..
Thank you! I best get the prep out again.

Good luck with your chosen route and well done for passing the PCSO interview!

You still waiting for your results mate?
You still waiting for your results mate?

Yes pal, I've heard it can take up to 5-6 weeks. The wait continues...
Reply 32
My fitness is in 2 weeks, a bit of progression!
Original post by erg97
My fitness is in 2 weeks, a bit of progression!

Congrats! How long did you wait for your results? 5 weeks?
Reply 34
Congrats! How long did you wait for your results? 5 weeks?

my interview results? 3 days!
if you mean OAC, then about a 6 weeks or so i think!
Yes pal, I've heard it can take up to 5-6 weeks. The wait continues...

Indeed the long wait does!
Indeed the long wait does!

Just found out I passed the assessment stage! Absolutely made up! I'll get an email in approximately 4 weeks that will have a link to book a time for an interview slot.

Any of you guys know how long in advance from the email with the link you can book your interview slot?
Reply 37
Just found out I passed the assessment stage! Absolutely made up! I'll get an email in approximately 4 weeks that will have a link to book a time for an interview slot.

Any of you guys know how long in advance from the email with the link you can book your interview slot?

Hey! congrats, well done!
when I got an email for my interview, the latest i could do it was 2 weeks from that email so thats the date i chose! then about 3 days after my interview i got my results!
Reply 38

Hi! Huge congrats on passing! I had my email about my results end of Nov (it said the same thing, expect an email in around 4 weeks etc) but I had my email to book my interview this week so much quicker than expected. I’m sure it won’t be long! My interview is early next week.
Original post by JessRoseP
Hi! Huge congrats on passing! I had my email about my results end of Nov (it said the same thing, expect an email in around 4 weeks etc) but I had my email to book my interview this week so much quicker than expected. I’m sure it won’t be long! My interview is early next week.

Congratulations guys and good luck.
I found out I passed today too, so happy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending