The Student Room Group

Uk university help

hey guys so i’m applying to universities in the uk next week and i just wanted to know a few opinions. here are the ones i’m looking at to study business:
(i’ll write the requirement next to the uni) my predicted grades for A level are A B B
exter (AAB - ABB)
royal holloway (AAB - ABB)
sussex (ABB - BBB)
leicester (ABB)

Would it be worth it considering university of Birmingham? it’s requirements are AAB but i don’t know how hard it is to get into it. Also, since i’m already applying to universities which accept A A B, should i consider Birmingham?
Please let me know if any of you have any info on these unis!
Original post by as270603
hey guys so i’m applying to universities in the uk next week and i just wanted to know a few opinions. here are the ones i’m looking at to study business:
(i’ll write the requirement next to the uni) my predicted grades for A level are A B B
exter (AAB - ABB)
sussex (ABB - BBB)
leicester (ABB)

Would it be worth it considering university of Birmingham? it’s requirements are AAB but i don’t know how hard it is to get into it. Also, since i’m already applying to universities which accept A A B, should i consider Birmingham?

Exeter is by far the strongest choice in your list ... you need a lower choice in your mix as the lower grades normally apply for contextual offers.
with ABB, you should probably be applying for 1/2 choices at AAA-AAB level, a couple at AAB level and one or two safe choices depending on how many you've got left
exter (AAB - ABB)
sussex (ABB - BBB)
leicester (ABB)

I think you are OK with your options. Both Exeter and Royal Holloway are known to accept slightly lower grades and you just a grade below. Leicester tend to accept lower grades so I wouldnt worry too much about lower offers. I would be tempted to risk Birmingham.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Exeter is by far the strongest choice in your list ... you need a lower choice in your mix as the lower grades normally apply for contextual offers.

thanks for ur input! as a back up choice i was looking at Brunel University which requires B B B
thanks for ur input! as a back up choice i was looking at Brunel University which requires B B B

Brunel is not a very popular uni ... I'd look elsewhere.
Reply 6

any suggestions?
any suggestions?

Which A levels are you doing? Give the subject then the prediction
any suggestions?

Do you need to go lower. Every year there are universities in clearing with grades below BBB. These are often universities requesting higher grades who end up accepting less. I list below some of the grades accepted in Law clearing for 2019.

Lancaster LLB vacancies BBB/BBC
Queens Uni Belfast LLB ABC/BBB
Leicester uni LLB vacancies BBB, reportedly accepted ABD
Liverpool LLB only in early Clearing for those achieving around BBB/BBC
SOAS BBB/BBC
Surrey LLB vacancies at BBB/BBC
Sussex LLB vacancies at BBC
Kent LLB vacancies at BBC
Keele LLB vacancies at BBC
Sheffield Hallam BBC
Aston LLB Law & Management BBC
City Uni LLB BBC/BCC
Reading reportedly went down to BCD
UEA, RHUL, Swansea, Hull LLB vacancies (grades not known)
Oxford Brookes LLB 96 UCAS points
Reply 9

any suggestions?

Which A levels are you doing? Give the subject then the prediction

Business - A
Maths - B
Geography - B
I believe Birmingham does have quite a high offer rate, so if you want to go there its worth giving it a shot. I agree with previous comments though, you may want to have at least one safer choice in the mix.
Original post by swanseajack1
Do you need to go lower. Every year there are universities in clearing with grades below BBB. These are often universities requesting higher grades who end up accepting less. I list below some of the grades accepted in Law clearing for 2019.

Lancaster LLB vacancies BBB/BBC
Queens Uni Belfast LLB ABC/BBB
Leicester uni LLB vacancies BBB, reportedly accepted ABD
Liverpool LLB only in early Clearing for those achieving around BBB/BBC
SOAS BBB/BBC
Surrey LLB vacancies at BBB/BBC
Sussex LLB vacancies at BBC
Kent LLB vacancies at BBC
Keele LLB vacancies at BBC
Sheffield Hallam BBC
Aston LLB Law & Management BBC
City Uni LLB BBC/BCC
Reading reportedly went down to BCD
UEA, RHUL, Swansea, Hull LLB vacancies (grades not known)
Oxford Brookes LLB 96 UCAS points

Some people won't want to wait for the uncertainty of clearing and that for Law not Business
any suggestions?

Business - A
Maths - B
Geography - B

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/search/course?utf8=%E2%9C%93&c%5Bq%5D=Business&c%5Bacademic_years%5D=2021&c%5Bgrade_ALEVEL_0%5D=2&c%5Bgrade_ALEVEL_1%5D=3&c%5Bgrade_ALEVEL_2%5D=3&c%5Blower_points_bound%5D=120&c%5Bupper_points_bound%5D=144&c%5Bsort%5D=entry_points_max__desc

You can sort by various options and change the name of the degree:

Bath has a degree with placement

Oxford Brookes as a back-up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending