The Student Room Group

I get mad jealous lol

Hi guys, tbh want sure if I wanted to even do this post because of the outcome but yh.
So basically prob coz of our day n age music culture I’m bare feel too much lol
So every time my girl talks too guys or laughs at their jokes, I feel so hurt. It’s actually bare painful. (Not cheating or anything)
Yh so I wanted to know what to do about it, and even whether I sholuld do any ting
Coz mb if I do, try and numb myself I’ll won’t feel as much love?
I always want to get back at her. If she hugs someone I hug two people so as to get even and den like get at her for getting at me in the first place.
So was just wondering how u guys dealt with it.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

How do you have time to deal with these emotions? It sounds absolutely draining! Toxic, even. Out of curiosity, are you in college/uni? This behaviour is not (i hope) normal across other relationships.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
How do you have time to deal with these emotions? It sounds absolutely draining! Toxic, even. Out of curiosity, are you in college/uni? This behaviour is not (i hope) normal across other relationships.

Cuz I’m stupid, and prioritise her over my own ****. I’m in year 13,what do u mean by other relationships.
Thing is I’m scared to let go. And if I I do I miss her crazy. And cannot do anything productive. I feel like **** like a wasteman and do drugs do get numb
What’s your advice?
Reply 3
You do not seem anywhere near mature enough for a relationship. Your 'getting back at her' mentality is toxic and its concerning that you cant do anything productive without her. You sound emotionally reliant on this girl which isnt healthy in the slightest.
Have you thought about taking a break to sort out your own issues without someone else being in your life?
Reply 4
Original post by LovelyMrFox
You do not seem anywhere near mature enough for a relationship. Your 'getting back at her' mentality is toxic and its concerning that you cant do anything productive without her. You sound emotionally reliant on this girl which isnt healthy in the slightest.
Have you thought about taking a break to sort out your own issues without someone else being in your life?

I realise that, and that’s why I’m trying to cure myself.
I’m am emotionally reliant, and I have mentioned that weve taken breaks, and whenever that happens I feel ****ed. Like honestly. I feel like a wasteman. But also I’m not sure what a relationship if for then, like isn’t it for two people that don’t want to be apart?
Reply 5
I’m am emotionally reliant, and I have mentioned that weve taken breaks, and whenever that happens I feel ****ed. Like honestly. I feel like a wasteman. But also I’m not sure what a relationship if for then, like isn’t it for two people that don’t want to be apart?

Then you need to work towards getting over that and figuring out why you feel that way. Not just going right back to leaning on her..
Relationships need a healthy amount of time together and a healthy amount of time away. You should have a life outside the relationship too, full emotional dependence on one person will not lead anywhere good.
Reply 6
Cuz I’m stupid, and prioritise her over my own ****. I’m in year 13,what do u mean by other relationships.
Thing is I’m scared to let go. And if I I do I miss her crazy. And cannot do anything productive. I feel like **** like a wasteman and do drugs do get numb
What’s your advice?

It doesn't sound like you are prioritising your girlfriend, more like you are jealous because she has a good time with friends and you play stupid games to hurt her. It's nothing to do with this day and age and music culture; it's down to your poor behaviour, and drugs won't solve anything, they will mask the true problem and cause even more issues.

You need to leave this girl and not get involved with anyone else until you understand how a relationship works, with give and take, trust and communication.
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
It doesn't sound like you are prioritising your girlfriend, more like you are jealous because she has a good time with friends and you play stupid games to hurt her. It's nothing to do with this day and age and music culture; it's down to your poor behaviour, and drugs won't solve anything, they will mask the true problem and cause even more issues.

You need to leave this girl and not get involved with anyone else until you understand how a relationship works, with give and take, trust and communication.

I don’t play games with her, what r u talking about?
And people like xxx tentenation are people I can relate to.
Reply 8

The xxx tentenation supposedly accused of stabbings and domestic abuse?
... :lolwut:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
The xxx tentenation supposedly accused of stabbings and domestic abuse?
... :lolwut:

Nooo please don't bring X into this, the guy was a legend, and too, too good for this world - RIP XXXTentacion 😭😭😭😭
Reply 10

"I always want to get back at her. If she hugs someone I hug two people so as to get even and den like get at her for getting at me in the first place."

That is the kind of stupid game you are playing; 'getting even' and 'getting back' at her for having a bit of fun. That is not a normal thing to do in a relationship.

What has music got to do with your poor behaviour? Don't make excuses, take responsibility for your actions.
Look, it sounds like you're jealous that other people are making her laugh and are spending time with her. It almost sounds as if you are the controlling type.
Well don't get jealous. Duh? Simple.

Spoiler

What’s your advice?

Leave her is my advice, which you wont follow or care to think about anyway; or even respond with 'but i love her :frown:'. Get a grip, boy
Reply 14

If he is such a major influence on you, why have you spelt his name incorrectly?
Original post by Surnia
If he is such a major influence on you, why have you spelt his name incorrectly?

I was just about to say that. :rolleyes:

your whole “i hug two people to get back at her” crap is playing games. you’re too emotionally immature for a relationship, and clearly insecure. end it and work on yourself. clearly you need to if you relate to someone like xxx......
Reply 17
Original post by M_Zara
Nooo please don't bring X into this, the guy was a legend, and too, too good for this world - RIP XXXTentacion 😭😭😭😭

If drug possession, gun possession, robbery, stabbing, pistol-whipping, and domestic violence is too good, I'd hate to meet someone you consider too bad...

Ah, I have been in a relationship similar to yours but I was in your gfs position.
Gotta be honest, the best option for you both is separation. You are too dependant on her, and she might grow to try and accommodate your needyness, which will f*ck yous both up.
Being together should make yous stronger, not leave you broken when the other is away.
Original post by Surnia
If drug possession, gun possession, robbery, stabbing, pistol-whipping, and domestic violence is too good, I'd hate to meet someone you consider too bad...

Yeah that's a fair point acc lmfao, I just loved him so much (as do most people I know, and I go to an all-girls grammar school ahahaha)

I meant how he used to rap about controversial stuff and how his mental health really affected him and showed in his music - and lots of young people could really relate with both what he was rapping about, and why, but I don't support or condone the sh*t he did obvs - but like he was only human and his whole life was out there in the open for the whole world to see and talk about, like nobody likes their secrets and problems being known about, but his were. I feel like I'm just waffling now so I'll shut up, except for the fact that Billie Eilish absolutely loved him and NLE Choppa called him a 'prophet' and said that X didn't think he was actually human lol - and I really like both those artists as well ahaha

I understand why people might be against him tho - and I've been told I have really bad judgement when it comes to trusting people and guys in general aha :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending