The Student Room Group

Ghosting?

Hey everyone,

What’s your definition of ghosting? I get it’s to stop speaking to someone but once you’ve stopped speaking to them, do you then delete/block the number or do you just leave it there?
Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone,

What’s your definition of ghosting? I get it’s to stop speaking to someone but once you’ve stopped speaking to them, do you then delete/block the number or do you just leave it there?
Thanks!

Being a b****y coward. How's that for a definition.
Reply 2
But why would you keep a number you don’t intend on using?
Reply 3
Original post by Oxford Mum

Ok - calm down. I never said I had any intention of doing this I was just asking what people’s interpretations were. Thanks for the input.
Ghosting is blocking and ignoring.
Airing is just ignoring.
Original post by Oxford Mum

It's no worse than putting someone on ignore imho
Reply 6
Ok, there are some extremely defensive people on here. It was just a question. Also, there is zero point in having a number you have no intention of using.
Have a good one!
Ok, there are some extremely defensive people on here. It was just a question. Also, there is zero point in having a number you have no intention of using.
Have a good one!

What I can't stand is guys who pretend they are crazy about you one day, then don't talk to you the next. It just isn't logical.

It's not as if I rub people up the wrong way, as I know how to make people laugh, and be kind to them.

I have lost count of people who have been led up the garden path, then become confused when they are ghosted. You are left for ages wondering what is going on, and that's just a waste of time and energy.

If I get fed up with someone and don't want to talk to them anymore, I tell them, in a very direct manner, just why they will no longer enjoy my company in future.
Ok - calm down. I never said I had any intention of doing this I was just asking what people’s interpretations were. Thanks for the input.

I honestly think this is the worst thing anyone can do to someone else, texting wise.
Original post by londonmyst
Ghosting is blocking and ignoring.
Airing is just ignoring.

Airing is only airing if you have the intention of potentially talking to them again.

Aka keeping someone out to dry. It's akin to someone being your backup if your current 'project' doesn't turn out the way you wanted.... infact keeping as a backup would be the perfect definition of airing!

Ghosting is cutting contact because you cba anymore or aren't interested.
Original post by DanB1991
Airing is only airing if you have the intention of potentially talking to them again.

Aka keeping someone out to dry. It's akin to someone being your backup if your current 'project' doesn't turn out the way you wanted.... infact keeping as a backup would be the perfect definition of airing!

Ghosting is cutting contact because you cba anymore or aren't interested.

Hi thanks for the comment so just so I’ve got this right..

Ghosting = at least deleting if not blocking
Airing = keeping the number and keeping on backburner
Ghosting is when you two are talking for a long time and has a casual flirty relationship then suddenly, with no reason, you ignore him/her but not blocking them, it's ghosting

but in some cases you block them for no reason, it's still ghosting lol
Original post by tokyolove95
Ghosting is when you two are talking for a long time and has a casual flirty relationship then suddenly, with no reason, you ignore him/her but not blocking them, it's ghosting

but in some cases you block them for no reason, it's still ghosting lol

Yeah I guess the point I’m getting at is why keep a number of you don’t intend on using it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending