The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham offers

has anyone got any offers from b-ham yet my application was sent Oct19 and i only got a ‘processing’ email about two weeks ago.

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer a few weeks ago for Maths and Philosophy, but I already have A Levels.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
I sent my ucas off this morning and I have already got an offer from University of Birmingham for English and Creative Writing: it probably depends on the course
I applied mid October and received an offer a few weeks after that. For management, my predicted grades were triple a star
Original post by ZoelikesEnglish
I sent my ucas off this morning and I have already got an offer from University of Birmingham for English and Creative Writing: it probably depends on the course

WTHHHH You sent it off this morning and have an offer!! I've been waiting 2.5 weeks and it's the only uni I am waiting to hear back from!! Congrats!! xx
my application was sent off on the 11th and I just received an offer today(for computer science with a year study abroad) but just be patient. i was stressing over it because they didn't even send a confirmation email to say they received it :smile:
Original post by mmpowlette
my application was sent off on the 11th and I just received an offer today(for computer science with a year study abroad) but just be patient. i was stressing over it because they didn't even send a confirmation email to say they received it :smile:

Congrats!! I got an offer on Friday :smile: x
Original post by maisiex10x
Congrats!! I got an offer on Friday :smile: x

congrats to you too!!!
Hi! I got an offer last Thursday
Ive been waiting for three weeks and still haven't got an email!
Reply 10
Hello, could you clarify the dates of when you received an offer for computer science.I have applied to computer science at UOB, my application was sent of on Saturday 2nd January 2021, my friends who applied to UOB got an acknowledgement/confirmation email to say the university have received their application, I haven't got this kind of email and I am stressing because UOB is my desired university.
Reply 11
Hello, could you clarify what date your application was sent off and what date you received an offer for compsci at uob?My UCAS was sent off on the 2nd of January 2021, all my friends who applied to UOB received a confirmation email to say the uni has received their application, I have not gotten one of these emails from UOB but have gotten it from all my other choices. I am very stressed about this because UOB is my desired choice.
Reply 12
Original post by mmpowlette

Hello, could you clarify what date your application was sent off and what date you received your offer?

My UCAS application was sent of on 2nd January 2021, all my friends who applied to UOB got a confirmation email to say the uni has received their applications, but I haven't got this kind of email from UOB (got this email from all my other choices except UOB). I am extremely stressed because UOB is my desired choice.
Original post by drlakhy
Hello, could you clarify what date your application was sent off and what date you received your offer?

My UCAS application was sent of on 2nd January 2021, all my friends who applied to UOB got a confirmation email to say the uni has received their applications, but I haven't got this kind of email from UOB (got this email from all my other choices except UOB). I am extremely stressed because UOB is my desired choice.

currently waiting like you too as i sent off mine on the 1st of January. However , i did get an acknowledgment the next day. But nothing from the uni so far except a survey. But i came across another thread where an official from UOB as of the 4th of January ,they have only started giving offers again as the University has reopened.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
currently waiting like you too as i sent off mine on the 1st of January. However , i did get an acknowledgment the next day. But nothing from the uni so far except a survey. But i came across another thread where an official from UOB as of the 4th of January ,they have only started giving offers again as the University has reopened.

Ok thanks for the info, do you think it is a big deal that I haven't yet received an acknowledgment email.
Original post by drlakhy
Ok thanks for the info, do you think it is a big deal that I haven't yet received an acknowledgment email.

nope i felt that way for warwick cause they only sent me the acknowledgment letter today after i had applied since the 1st. i read somewhere that some people don’t get acknowledgment letters though, so don’t stress, it’ll come eventually😊
nope
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to clarify a few things RE the applications process.

Not every department sends out 'acknowledgement' emails, so you should not worry if you haven't received one. As long as everything looks correct on your UCAS track you should be good to go!

The average response time to applications is around 15 working days. This is now likely to increase a little bit since the University has just reopened following the Christmas break and we are also approaching the 15th January UCAS deadline where we typically receive a high volume of applications.

If you have been waiting for a response to your application for an extended period of time (e.g. much longer than 15 working days) then you may wish to contact the admissions department for your team to check the status of your application. You can find their contact details on the web page for your chosen course.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions let me know. Good luck everyone! - Molly :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by UoB - Arts and Law
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to clarify a few things RE the applications process.

Not every department sends out 'acknowledgement' emails, so you should not worry if you haven't received one. As long as everything looks correct on your UCAS track you should be good to go!

The average response time to applications is around 15 working days. This is now likely to increase a little bit since the University has just reopened following the Christmas break and we are also approaching the 15th January UCAS deadline where we typically receive a high volume of applications.

If you have been waiting for a response to your application for an extended period of time (e.g. much longer than 15 working days) then you may wish to contact the admissions department for your team to check the status of your application. You can find their contact details on the web page for your chosen course.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions let me know. Good luck everyone! - Molly :smile:

Thank you so much, this has eased my concerns.
Original post by drlakhy
Thank you so much, this has eased my concerns.

No problem at all! :smile: Good luck to you! - Molly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending