The Student Room Group

epq - toxic masculinity

so i'm thinking of doing an epq on toxic masculinity and the negative impacts of it. Going into social media, mental health, double standards, domestic abuse etc.
Does anybody know a question I could use for the title?
Or has anybody done this before - any adive or tips, what was it like doing an epq on this?
or any topic you think I would be better doing for an epq
Original post by lily547
so i'm thinking of doing an epq on toxic masculinity and the negative impacts of it. Going into social media, mental health, double standards, domestic abuse etc.
Does anybody know a question I could use for the title?
Or has anybody done this before - any adive or tips, what was it like doing an epq on this?
or any topic you think I would be better doing for an epq

ngl i was actually considering this topic for my epq, but ended up doing a question that is related to the university course i want to do. I recommend you choose a topic that has some relation to what you want to do in the future as it will be much more useful, but by all means if you are interested in toxic masculinity go for it.
You could say "to what extent has the concept of toxic masculinity negatively affected society?" or something along this lines
this is a descriptive topic and you need to have a developed analysis

for example, my epq evaluated chinese economic policy and concluded based on whether it fulfilled leadership objectives or people-based objectives
Reply 3
Original post by perplexed turtle
ngl i was actually considering this topic for my epq, but ended up doing a question that is related to the university course i want to do. I recommend you choose a topic that has some relation to what you want to do in the future as it will be much more useful, but by all means if you are interested in toxic masculinity go for it.
You could say "to what extent has the concept of toxic masculinity negatively affected society?" or something along this lines

Thank you this is really helpful. I haven't fully decided on a uni course but they all revolve around criminology, law, and sociology. If I chose a sociology based course then the epq would link but I can't really think of a question that links to the other two, not one I'm interested in anyway. But I'll keep looking. I think If i can't find a question that doesn't link I'll do this topic because I'm quite interested in it and think i could write lots about it
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
this is a descriptive topic and you need to have a developed analysis

for example, my epq evaluated chinese economic policy and concluded based on whether it fulfilled leadership objectives or people-based objective

Sorry i don't really understand. i cant work out if your saying the idea is weak or strong
Reply 5
i think one big thing you need to take into account is that it cant be biased towards one side. you need to make equal arguments for and against the idea of toxic masculinity otherwise you'll end up with a bad grade.
even if it didn't entirely link (or at all) it demonstrates skill like self management, research etc

you also need to be interested in your epq

I did mine on the broad topic of if animals should have rights/ is animal life worth less than human and I'm doing vet nursing so it's only linked by animals

do some broad reading on toxic masculinity to think of some key topics and what you could and want to talk about

also reference as you go!!
Reply 7
Original post by Adam63
i think one big thing you need to take into account is that it cant be biased towards one side. you need to make equal arguments for and against the idea of toxic masculinity otherwise you'll end up with a bad grade.

oh okay thank you, i didnt realise that. I might have to reconsider the topic or at least how I would word the question.
Reply 8
Original post by bambi1425
even if it didn't entirely link (or at all) it demonstrates skill like self management, research etc

you also need to be interested in your epq

I did mine on the broad topic of if animals should have rights/ is animal life worth less than human and I'm doing vet nursing so it's only linked by animals

do some broad reading on toxic masculinity to think of some key topics and what you could and want to talk about

also reference as you go!!

Thank you! I might brainstorm some other ideas, I haven't done much reading into it yet but I will do soon.
Original post by lily547
Sorry i don't really understand. i cant work out if your saying the idea is weak or strong

you idea is partial. you need an element in your idea that can be debated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending