The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Darthwomble
Feel the same? Nah. I bet I hate it way more. 😂

some of my guy friends seem to hate it too lol - see where they are coming from....
I hate football, but I'm straight, which shouldn't matter but... Though, when in sadly forced to watch it, it's kinda funny actually.
Original post by vinargar face
I'm a man i must drink bear i must watch the football.....:mad: i actually would rather get punched in the face for 17 rigorous hours off a armadillo with a robot giant arm then watch a football game..
any other amigos out there feel the same???

I don’t like football.
In the last six years, I really began to hate the professional football. Just because the football fans themselves - that is my view - are just ordinary consumers and the sport football nothing more than a merchandise, it has lost the meaning for both the clubs and the fans a long while, namely to be a simple sport. 'Modern' football in presence is rather a show to entertain people, as if they are in a circus and the footballers the hired artists for amusement.

Since that time I have watched football occasionally first, than rarer and till these days I gave it up completely. Because football is a degenerate dull event now.
Reply 165
Yeah millions of women, which will make you quite a catch. Use the extra time to develop interests that will further mark ypu out from the football crowd.
Reply 166
I am in the same situation.
Od course I don't live in England, but in Europe but I feel very sad, inner nervous, angry and dissatisfied when talk of men is much related to cars, sex sport, sometimes wars, and especially football (like there are no any other interesting things for men to do). I am a very kind person (am very introverts) which find these things yet as a 5 year children related to aggresion, stupid lower class, hooligans, rustic 'people' and others thrashes. As I see now, I was and am right. ;] As a child I wasn't so open-minded but now it is changing, but not for sport.
My dad is always repeating me thank godness I'm not like others even if he likes football. My uncle tolerate this, but I think he doesn't understand my point of view, but I am trying to not worrying about his opinion cause I don't like him.

When I get really burned on something then it's no way to turn out and as a little kid I was very intense for myself. If I don't like something or hate or don't want then I have probably a reason. I don't like talking about 'why' to strangers or even with myself in minds. Just stick to your business. 'No' means 'no' and it's over. Besides, talking od football/sport or supporting some team always ends an agression. It's a very personal topic, same like religion, money, politics and I don't want to enjoy a conflict. That's why I think it shouldn't be disscused in a work-place for example. I experienced a situation when younger people at work were trying to find out from me 'what team do you like' and I've got a real mindf**k cause it's only my bussiness. Of course others were more open-minded, but not me in these aspects.

Same goes with alcohol which I don't drink cause I don't like. And it's good. I don't understand what people's problem is with that?

I think that people who have conservative point of view have a problems with themselves and mass-media which are feeding us those irrational sexism everywhere. They are saying what men and women should like or behave. What if I or someone don't agree with that? People will think we are 'weird'. Because...? In which name I'm asking? B**** please or kill themselves.
It's the new form of modern fascism where athlete and kids are treating like slaves, trainer as a king, and those who don't buy it like an aliens. It's very sad what happened with men and now is happening with women.

When I'm turning on TV or walking in the shopping centre's I see that football-propaganda anywhere! I AM SO MUCH TIRED OF HEARING THIS SH*T! Don't you find this situation limiting our wordlview?

That's why I think I can think of myself as a much better person than others - I don't follow a trend and I am treating life more serious. If someone has a problem with me then (s)he should get medicine.

When someday I will have a baby (I don't want, but let's try to imagine) I will tell him or her about how cruel, stinky and fake are the values of team sports and sport view in mass-media and why it's not for him/her. I would like to censor websites or TV from this content and that is what I'll do to protect my children (if I will have one).
(edited 4 years ago)
There’s a very easy and effective cure .
Take a sum of money you can’t afford to lose and place it on
Barrow to be promoted , Swindon to be promoted, Ipswich to be promoted , B Munchengladbach to be top 4 , Inter wout Juve , Leicester wout City and Liverpool .
That’s one bet . An accumulator.
Once placed you will immediately start to understand how exciting football can be .
If only all problems could be solved so easily .
Reply 168
No? I still think there is not any exciting in this theatre show. Same goes for any team-sport (rugby, volleyball, basketball etc.,) which only promotes brutal rivalry and competition which I don't need to watch or practice. From the very young age I understood how embarassed all it is and today I see I was very right. I'm proud of it, and every who thinks it's okay to hate it - you also have right and just stick to it!
I think football should be banned. Thank godness not only me thinks same.

Those who says "if you hate it, you must be gay" just shouldn't comment or wonder of theirselves cause it's very discriminate to others. If someone even is, then what? It's not others business. Beside, many gays like these sports and sexual orientation REALLY DOESN'T CARE anyone (or at least really shouldn't). Who cares about it? Only neanderthals who thinks how brilliant is to think same way as them. Team-sports are good ground for them and perfectly fit to theirs simple mind. :smile: Unfortunately it's the majority of world's population. :frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by LukeatForest
How can you hate football? It's completely irrational. I do not play many sports, I don't care about them, I don't find them interesting. But I don't hate them, they're just an irrelevance to me. Any of these knobs who come out and say 'ew . . . football. I so hate football' are just attention-seeking little gimps like the thread starter.

Yea football is trash. Basketball is better.
i hate football too i am also a male and feel football does not contribute to society in any way. yet professional footballers (grown men who kick a ball about) get paid more than a surgeon who save peoples lives to me it dosent make sense and the fact so many people feel it is life or death if their football team wins or loses.-logan
Reply 171
Original post by scribblescribe26
i hate football too i am also a male and feel football does not contribute to society in any way. yet professional footballers (grown men who kick a ball about) get paid more than a surgeon who save peoples lives to me it dosent make sense and the fact so many people feel it is life or death if their football team wins or loses.-logan

:yawn:

footballers contribute extraordinary amounts to society by way of tax.
Original post by Mess.
:yawn:

footballers contribute extraordinary amounts to society by way of tax.

Not just that, but they're an enormous slice of popular culture in this country. Being aspirational figures to young children, keeping the morale of the country up during covid, using their platform for the greater good...

(also, been a while Mess sir, hope you're keeping well!)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by scribblescribe26
i hate football too i am also a male and feel football does not contribute to society in any way

How about £3.3 billion in tax, 100,000 jobs and £7.6 billion to the UK economy? and that's just the Premier League.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1562726
ew football.
I missed cricket greatly during the summer, but did not miss football.
Original post by shak101
Cricket is the superior sport and that is the hill I will die on.

Let’s all agree that they are both mind-numbingly boring.
If you have time to hate something and get angry about it, you're doing life wrong.

I do understand having indifference to things.
This thread was made 10 years ago and people are still answering it.
Original post by StopRightThere
This thread was made 10 years ago and people are still answering it.

Yeah, even ten years after the thread was made people who hate football still exist. This is a timeless evergreen.

Latest