The Student Room Group

Tips on investing/trading?

I'm hoping to start building some capital or make passive income (if that's an option), where do you guys recommend I start?
Reply 1
Crypto (bitcoin)
Reply 2
Original post by King.jnr
Crypto (bitcoin)

hahah that's still a thing?
Must be if it's at around $18000
Reply 4
Original post by commonape
Must be if it's at around $18000

yeh you're right, I dont think i really understand how it works anyways
Reply 5
Why not do some research before lol’ing
Original post by Chironn
hahah that's still a thing?

as long as there are drugs, guns and such to buy on the darknet, crypto will live. btc price has been going up recently.
Vanguard index funds
Don't do it . Without real experience / knowledge trading is very hard and around 75-90% of traders lose money . You're much better investing in index funds such as VUSA for us British folks and some individual stocks . I suggest largely blue chips .

Investing is a much better route .
Reply 9
Original post by SchmuckOff
Don't do it . Without real experience / knowledge trading is very hard and around 75-90% of traders lose money . You're much better investing in index funds such as VUSA for us British folks and some individual stocks . I suggest largely blue chips .

Investing is a much better route .

I think this is what I meant. I don't want to deal with Forex or anything like that. Any tips on starting? how much do you think I should have before going in?
Original post by Chironn
I think this is what I meant. I don't want to deal with Forex or anything like that. Any tips on starting? how much do you think I should have before going in?

You should be aiming for monthly deposits and not a lump sum . A lump sum on it's own doesn't really go far.

Also as I said , stick with blue chips and index funds as a newbie
Reply 11
Original post by SchmuckOff
You should be aiming for monthly deposits and not a lump sum . A lump sum on it's own doesn't really go far.

Also as I said , stick with blue chips and index funds as a newbie

Ahh okay thank you. And what do you think is the minimum starting off with this?
Original post by _gcx
as long as there are drugs, guns and such to buy on the darknet, crypto will live. btc price has been going up recently.

That is not the main reason people use crypto but okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending