The Student Room Group

Error on ucas application!!! Wrong exam board

I sent my application in about a month ago, and have already received offers, but I now realise I put Eduqas rather than WJEC for my geography A-Level (and I’ve applied for geography...)

Do I need to change this, as WJEC is part of Eduqas, and will it affect any of my offers I currently have? Currently panicking :/

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bethparkerr
I sent my application in about a month ago, and have already received offers, but I now realise I put Eduqas rather than WJEC for my geography A-Level (and I’ve applied for geography...)

Do I need to change this, as WJEC is part of Eduqas, and will it affect any of my offers I currently have? Currently panicking :/

Hi! This shouldn't affect the offers that you have, as it's still the same level of qualification, just under a different exam board. I think some of my friends made a similar mistake when applying last year since none of us were told which exam board we were with for EPQ (that's a story for another time!). My advice would be to ring UCAS. The UCAS team is so helpful and has reassured me of all of my worries regarding the application process in the past. They have to deal with lots of questions like this on a day to day basis and seeing as this is a common mistake (my friends can vouch for that), the UCAS team will definitely be able to best advise you on this. Of course, if you want further reassurance you can always speak to a Head of Sixth Form/form tutor. Hope this helps :smile:

Hey please dont panic about this. Just google 'ucas amendment form' and all you do is fill the form out, it will get sent to ucas for one of the moderators to correct the mistake you made and then after they amend it you email your unis to tell them about the amendment. I made a similar mistake and they literally amended mine within less than an hour! Its not going to affect your offers dont worry, its a stressful time and its okay to make a simple mistake!

Heres the link

https://www.ucas.com/content/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you, this is very helpful! I’ll definitely ring tomorrow :smile:
Thank you, this is very helpful! I’ll definitely ring tomorrow :smile:

Didn't your school check your application?
Reply 5
Original post by aconstanthamlet
Hi! This shouldn't affect the offers that you have, as it's still the same level of qualification, just under a different exam board. I think some of my friends made a similar mistake when applying last year since none of us were told which exam board we were with for EPQ (that's a story for another time!). My advice would be to ring UCAS. The UCAS team is so helpful and has reassured me of all of my worries regarding the application process in the past. They have to deal with lots of questions like this on a day to day basis and seeing as this is a common mistake (my friends can vouch for that), the UCAS team will definitely be able to best advise you on this. Of course, if you want further reassurance you can always speak to a Head of Sixth Form/form tutor. Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you!!!
Reply 6
Original post by .2.0.0.3.
Hey please dont panic about this. Just google 'ucas amendment form' and all you do is fill the form out, it will get sent to ucas for one of the moderators to correct the mistake you made and then after they amend it you email your unis to tell them about the amendment. I made a similar mistake and they literally amended mine within less than an hour! Its not going to affect your offers dont worry, its a stressful time and its okay to make a simple mistake!

Heres the link

https://www.ucas.com/content/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application

Thank you! Ahh I’m glad it’s easy to do😂
Thank you! Ahh I’m glad it’s easy to do😂

Haha no worries! Best wishes.
omg, i just submitted my UCAS application and i just realised i put my GCSE qualifications under my college centre and my tutor didnt even spot it. Do you think it's going to affect my offers? I contacted UCAS and they just told me to fill out the form but im so worried right now.
Original post by Farhanaxxo
omg, i just submitted my UCAS application and i just realised i put my GCSE qualifications under my college centre and my tutor didnt even spot it. Do you think it's going to affect my offers? I contacted UCAS and they just told me to fill out the form but im so worried right now.

Its okay. It wont affect your offers cos its kinda irrelevant but u still need to fill the form out
Its okay. It wont affect your offers cos its kinda irrelevant but u still need to fill the fi fi

i filled out the form and emailed all my unis but idk i feel restless dont u think unis will take mistakes into account when making offers?
i filled out the form and emailed all my unis but idk i feel restless dont u think unis will take mistakes into account when making offers?

Omg dont worry! I made a similar mistake with one of my qualification title and i know how you feel! It literally stressed me out so much! But all the unis were so nice about it so its fine! Its very minor btw
Omg dont worry! I made a similar mistake with one of my qualification title and i know how you feel! It literally stressed me out so much! But all the unis were so nice about it so its fine! Its very minor btw

thamk you so much! ur the only positive one ive seen. i just kept seeing comments on withdrawing and rejections and i was stressingggg. i saw a comment where apparently unis dont accept amendments and my heart kinda stopped
thamk you so much! ur the only positive one ive seen. i just kept seeing comments on withdrawing and rejections and i was stressingggg. i saw a comment where apparently unis dont accept amendments and my heart kinda stopped

Awhhh that made my day! They dont accept amendments for pending qualifications so thats not the case for you. Ignore any negativity! Good luck btw
Awhhh that made my day! They dont accept amendments for pending qualifications so thats not the case for you. Ignore any negativity! Good luck btw

Thank you so much!!

It won’t affect offers at all :smile: it’s a quick fix, and they only sometimes ask for exam certificates, they’ll understand anyway that you’ve entered it wrong
Reply 16
Original post by aconstanthamlet

Hey sorry to bother you :smile: I made the mistake of accidentally putting in the wrong btec level 3 qualification I should’ve put in the pearson 2016 spec qualification what should I do?
Original post by Rads124
Hey sorry to bother you :smile: I made the mistake of accidentally putting in the wrong btec level 3 qualification I should’ve put in the pearson 2016 spec qualification what should I do?

Hi! There's a UCAS amendment form that you can fill in where you can change this error, you can find it here:

If you're unsure how to fill it in or have any concerns then ring UCAS! Explain the mistake to them and they can give you clear advice on how to fill in the form. If in doubt, always ring UCAS, they're so helpful and they're definitely in the best position to advise you on how to fix this small error. Rest assured that this won't affect your application, it's very common and happens to lots of people :smile:
Original post by Rads124

you should fill out the ucas qualifications amendments form online then contact your unis and let them know. Ive been told as long as your grades are correct its not a big issue.
Reply 19
you should fill out the ucas qualifications amendments form online then contact your unis and let them know. Ive been told as long as your grades are correct its not a big issue.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending