The Student Room Group

Csat 2020

Any Computer Science applicants started preparing for the CSAT this year? I'm applying to Caius which require CS applicants to take the CSAT. I'm not even sure if I will get shortlisted for an interview so any preperation could go in vain, but I suppose I should start preparation for it now. Does anyone have any idea on how many questions we need to get right to be competitive?

Also, there are no practice papers on the openclimb.io website with the new 13 question format (yet?), so I am wondering if the CSAT 2020 questions will be harder than the current ones on there to practice with?

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody received a generic email from Cambridge re CSAT?
Original post by priyanshusingh
Has anybody received a generic email from Cambridge re CSAT?

I’ve had one email from Caius Admissions recently where they said:

‘The CSAT 2020 will be taken online on 27 November 2020 by candidates shortlisted for interview. For more information and updates please consult https://openclimb.io/.’

I’m wondering when we will get told whether we have been shortlisted for interview or not.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Maximus 190
I’ve had one email from Caius Admissions recently where they said:

‘The CSAT 2020 will be taken online on 27 November 2020 by candidates shortlisted for interview. For more information and updates please consult https://openclimb.io/.’

I’m wondering when we will get told whether we have been shortlisted for interview or not.

Let’s hope they start sending out invites soon.
Are people going to do the CSAT (if they get an invite) at home or at school?

I am quite conflicted on which to choose if I were to get an invite - I would hate it if my WiFi at home disconnects and it messes up the test (at school this is less likely for me and I imagine many other applicants).
Original post by kebabthegreat
Are people going to do the CSAT (if they get an invite) at home or at school?

I am quite conflicted on which to choose if I were to get an invite - I would hate it if my WiFi at home disconnects and it messes up the test (at school this is less likely for me and I imagine many other applicants).

I’d prefer to do it at home. More relaxing and less of a hassle.
Have any of you heard anything further from Caius?
Original post by CompSciMum
Have any of you heard anything further from Caius?

Yeah I’ve been given an interview date
Yeah I’ve been given an interview date

Well done, congratulations 😊
Well done, congratulations 😊

Thank you :smile:
Thank you :smile:

Are you the one Home student from G&C Comp Sci that is listed in the Interview Tracker that heard yesterday?
Are you the one Home student from G&C Comp Sci that is listed in the Interview Tracker that heard yesterday?

Yeah haha
Yeah haha

Well done and good luck on the CSAT 😊. Did your message come from Caius or Climb for the CSAT? My son still hasn’t heard from Caius, so we are assuming he was rejected pre-interview. It’s surprising as he is predicted 4 A*s.
Well done and good luck on the CSAT 😊. Did your message come from Caius or Climb for the CSAT? My son still hasn’t heard from Caius, so we are assuming he was rejected pre-interview. It’s surprising as he is predicted 4 A*s.

That seems odd. Have you checked your spam email folders? The email was from Climb.
That seems odd. Have you checked your spam email folders? The email was from Climb.

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, we've checked both his Junk folder and inbox. I suppose that we should contact admissions tomorrow, just to check. Thank you so much for your response : )

May I please ask when you received yours? Also, which college did you apply to please?

I’ve heard from both Climb and CSAT. I would hope that Caius would email saying if they have rejected an applicant by now though. So it definitely could just be a technical issue. Try email and or phone them tomorrow!
I’ve heard from both Climb and CSAT. I would hope that Caius would email saying if they have rejected an applicant by now though. So it definitely could just be a technical issue. Try email and or phone them tomorrow!

Thanks so much Maximus 190, I suspect it’s unfortunately a rejection. Thanks so much and good luck on the CSAT on Friday : )
How did the CSAT go for you guys?
Original post by tell_me_now
How did the CSAT go for you guys?

Not very well I don’t think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending