The Student Room Group

QinetiQ

Hi guys i just wanted to ask ive applied for the QinetiQ graduate scheme and got an email saying im now invited to do a written based assessment on hirevuew app so is this assessment just written question and no video because last company i did something for on hirevuew was video recording replies.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saqib1066
Hi guys i just wanted to ask ive applied for the QinetiQ graduate scheme and got an email saying im now invited to do a written based assessment on hirevuew app so is this assessment just written question and no video because last company i did something for on hirevuew was video recording replies.

Hi,

I completed this stage around 2 weeks ago but haven't head back just yet.

It is basically just a series of un-timed questions that you have to fill in, as well as selecting your work location preferences etc. From what I understand, after this you have online tests, then the online interviews, followed by an assessment center.
Reply 2
Original post by truttps
Hi,

I completed this stage around 2 weeks ago but haven't head back just yet.

It is basically just a series of un-timed questions that you have to fill in, as well as selecting your work location preferences etc. From what I understand, after this you have online tests, then the online interviews, followed by an assessment center.

Thanks for letting me know and hope they reply to you
I heard back from them a few days ago and just took the online tests. Have you heard back after the first stage?

Original post by Saqib1066
Thanks for letting me know and hope they reply to yo
Reply 4
Original post by truttps
I heard back from them a few days ago and just took the online tests. Have you heard back after the first stage?

No i havent yet its only been 3 days since i did the first stage so hopefully i do at somepoint. What are the online tests about?
(edited 3 years ago)
After the second stage, there's some cognitive assessments you need to do
Have you guys heard anything since completing the cognitive tests? I keep checking my emails everyday now, hoping to hear something!
Original post by PotatoChip
Have you guys heard anything since completing the cognitive tests? I keep checking my emails everyday now, hoping to hear something!

Haven't heard anything yet... the deadline to complete the tests passed yesterday so hopefully they should get back soon
Reply 8
There was an email which said you should hear back by 27/11 if you are successful for the first assessment centre (I thought there were online video interviews before this though?). If you don't hear by then, I believe you'll be waiting until March (for potential second AC).
Reply 9
heard back?
Reply 10
Original post by apathemtic125
After the second stage, there's some cognitive assessments you need to do

What did the cognitive assessments consist of?
anyone here didnt get in the first intake of assessment days?
Reply 12
Original post by apathemtic125
anyone here didnt get in the first intake of assessment days?

me mate
dont worry about it, it doesnt say we're unsuccesful
the people who applied b4 us probs got in to the first assessment centre
I didn't get in either, the email says we may or may not be at the next one, depends on how many they recruit from the first AC
Reply 14
Original post by truttps
I didn't get in either, the email says we may or may not be at the next one, depends on how many they recruit from the first AC

dont worry man
Seems strange we didn't have to do video interviews before the AC, on their website it says we have to
Original post by truttps
Seems strange we didn't have to do video interviews before the AC, on their website it says we have to

I'm assuming that was the pre COVID process
Reply 17
I think it was pre-Covid too. That said, Qinetiq's recruitment process is probably best described as 'fluid' - I had a friend apply last year who refused to do the video interview as he could never perform well for the one-way version; he was still selected for a second AC based on his CV, cover letter, and game-based assessment.

Out of curiosity has anyone been recommended for an AC? I haven't heard back either way.
Bit of a bump to this thread - I was also wondering if anyone is still waiting for a response? Or if anyone's been selected for the first wave of ACs?

Otherwise I might have to send early careers an email.
Reply 19
Hi, I did a video interview and I’m still waiting to hear. They said 26th and then extended it to 28th. They said they will email either way but still nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest