The Student Room Group

I have no idea what im doing year 13

hi im in year 13 I have no idea what the hell im doing I revise and everything but still im making a timetable I don't know anything from year 12 I just feel like where do I begin im just so cluesless on what to do

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
hi im in year 13 I have no idea what the hell im doing I revise and everything but still im making a timetable I don't know anything from year 12 I just feel like where do I begin im just so cluesless on what to do

Okay, i think the best thing for u to do right now is to go over the year 12 content first. You should use a revision method that works best for YOU and will help you memorise things better whether that's watching videos, making notes etc. you can even ask ur friends to do u a favour and send you their notes and you can just revise off of that. Try to reach out to some teachers if your struggling as well.

what a levels are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by siobhaindoyle
Okay, i think the best thing for u to do right now is to go over the year 12 content first. You should use a revision method that works best for YOU and will help you memorise things better whether that's watching videos, making notes etc. you can even ask ur friends to do u a favour and send you their notes and you can just revise off of that. Try to reach out to some teachers if your struggling as well.

what a levels are you doing?

I don’t anything from year 12 I’m struggling so much like so so much I’m behind in content I regret now taking the year back I’m so clueless it’s so hard I just wanna cry
Reply 3
It will be alright . We have the Xmas break coming up. For you to catch up.

What worked for me was flash cards
how did you do in mocks and what subjects are you doing? if you get a plan together and work hard you should be fine, it's normal to feel overwhelmed.
Reply 5
Original post by absolutelysprout
how did you do in mocks and what subjects are you doing? if you get a plan together and work hard you should be fine, it's normal to feel overwhelmed.

I got three U’s Idk WHAG I’m doing with my life Im so stressed if I get bad in Jan then idk WHAG to do with my life I need to retake the year
Reply 6
Original post by Sm9988
It will be alright . We have the Xmas break coming up. For you to catch up.

What worked for me was flash cards

I’m so behind nothing is going in my head like I have done everything
Reply 7
I’m so behind nothing is going in my head like I have done everything

What revision techniques do you use ?
Reply 8
Original post by Sm9988
What revision techniques do you use ?

I talk to myself and then do flashcards and then blurting and questions idk what more to do I feel so stressed I’m so behind it’s like my learning new A levels in 6 months which is impossible
Reply 9
I talk to myself and then do flashcards and then blurting and questions idk what more to do I feel so stressed I’m so behind it’s like my learning new A levels in 6 months which is impossible

6 months plenty of time trust me . I’ve been there . What a levels are you doing ?

I would get the textbook out . Write flash cards like summarise . Look at the flash cards each day . And test yourself at the end of the week with exam questions etc. But it depends on the subject .
Original post by Sm9988
6 months plenty of time trust me . I’ve been there . What a levels are you doing ?

I would get the textbook out . Write flash cards like summarise . Look at the flash cards each day . And test yourself at the end of the week with exam questions etc. But it depends on the subject .

Bio chem and geo but I’m struggling so much like I’m not even book smart I just cry so much I’m finding it so hard there so much content like I’m struggling
Original post by Sm9988
Don’t cry stay positive ! That’s part of the battle with a levels !

I’ve done bio for the past 4 years lol ( long story ) my advice would be to get the cgp revision guide . Write notes in flash card form. Make sure you revisit notes every week . Then do exam practise every weekend. What board ? I’m doing aqa . Got a B last year was resitting as I got a C originally CAGs messed me up so Yh 4thyear :frown:

I did chem I didn’t do well so I dropped it . But I know some of my friends who did well. Chem is a different approach it’s more practise based . I would go on YouTube to watch YouTube videos on Chem there are some really good channels like ERintol then go straight to exam questions

Omg 4 years did u drop out in year 13 I just have no idea what I’m doing my school is not helpful not at I’m just struggling idk what I came into year 13 with three U’s and after Xmas only have 4 topics for year 13 chem
Original post by Sm9988
If you need help with bio and you can always dm me. I’m a bit rusty but getting back into revision .

no :frown: got bad grades first time . Resat I got AAB missed my offer by 1. So here we are :frown: my bio teacher gave me the b when I needed an A:frown:

watch YouTube for chem it’s really useful honestly !

What did U get first time cuz I’m getting D’s now and I’m worried if I fail my Jan mocks what would I do Im worried or knowledge is lacking
Original post by Sm9988
I got a C in bio first time and a D in chemistry :frown:

If you revise over Xmas you won’t fail Jan mocks

I feel like I’m learning from start like year 12 content my parents are like it’s fine fine if u fail but I can’t i think I’m gonna try and get much done
Reply 14
I feel like I’m learning from start like year 12 content my parents are like it’s fine fine if u fail but I can’t i think I’m gonna try and get much done

You defo won’t fail. Remember you have all of the Easter holidays and things to revise as well.

Really no need to panic
Original post by Sm9988
You defo won’t fail. Remember you have all of the Easter holidays and things to revise as well.

Really no need to panic

I think I panic to much and I think I should compare myself to people who have finish the content I think I’m just gonna bit my bit as I feel like I’m doing so much in a day and nothing does In I’m scared exams will get canceled again
Reply 16
I think I panic to much and I think I should compare myself to people who have finish the content I think I’m just gonna bit my bit as I feel like I’m doing so much in a day and nothing does In I’m scared exams will get canceled again

Yh just keep on focusing on bit by bit.

I don’t think they will tbh
Original post by Sm9988
Yh just keep on focusing on bit by bit.

I don’t think they will tbh

I regret not doing a lot in lockdown but if I flop my jann mocks I would have no life
Reply 18
I regret not doing a lot in lockdown but if I flop my jann mocks I would have no life

Worst comes worst. It doesn’t matter it’s just a mock a learning process right ?

What course are applying to this year?
Original post by Sm9988
Worst comes worst. It doesn’t matter it’s just a mock a learning process right ?

What course are applying to this year?

My colly were like I should drop out and do year 12 again but if I fail my mocks again then I’m gonna questions myself

Quick Reply

Latest