The Student Room Group

University of Bath vs Cranfield University for Human resource Management

Hey everyone. I am student from India and I have received conditional offers from both Bath and Cranfield for Msc in Human Resource Management. I am confused as to which one is better in terms of employability and living prospects.
Please note- I am looking to work for a couple of years after my postgraduate degree so employability is important to me.

I dont care much about the nightlife and partying as such. The university and living cost should be affordable and my employability prospect is all I am concerned about.
Original post by Riyanshi
Hey everyone. I am student from India and I have received conditional offers from both Bath and Cranfield for Msc in Human Resource Management. I am confused as to which one is better in terms of employability and living prospects.
Please note- I am looking to work for a couple of years after my postgraduate degree so employability is important to me.

I dont care much about the nightlife and partying as such. The university and living cost should be affordable and my employability prospect is all I am concerned about.

Hi @Riyanshi

I'm glad to hear you're considering studying your postgraduate degree in Human Resource Management at the University of Bath!

I don't study this course in particular, so I won't be able to give my opinion of the course. However, I've just glanced over the course page, which can be found here, https://management-masters.bath.ac.uk/course/human-resource-management-and-consulting/, and it looks like the course really considers employability through networking with industry leaders. The course page also states that 84% of class of 2018 graduates received job offers within 3 months of graduating, with 61% of graduated students entering jobs in HR and 26% entering jobs in consulting. You can find these stats in the careers page for the course: https://management-masters.bath.ac.uk/course/human-resource-management-and-consulting/careers/

I am a current postgraduate student at Bath, and I completed my undergraduate degree here. So, hopefully I'll be able to help by telling you a little bit about student life at Bath. With regards to studying, on my course (and most courses), we currently have 4 hours of in person teaching per week and the rest have been online interactive classes this year. Bath itself is really beautiful and and a very safe place to live. The living costs in Bath are relatively high, my rent has ranged from £400 to £500 per month (for shared student houses) throughout my time here, but you can definitely find cheaper places to live if you'd prefer.

I hope this has helped and feel free to ask any questions!

Meg
Msc Applied Clinical Psychology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending