The Student Room Group

What did you accomplish during the pandemic?

It's pretty easy to think about everything we've missed out on, but we've made good things happen too.

For me, I finished my degree and got a job that I love. In-between those two, just keeping s routine and not slipping into being nocturnal felt huge haha. What have you been able to achieve against the odds?

Scroll to see replies

self taught myself the ukulele :biggrin:
Original post by stereotypeasian
self taught myself the ukulele :biggrin:

that's so good! I wish I'd brought my uke to my new house. I'll have to grab it from my mum's at Christmas!
Reply 3
Got a place at university, started college, sorted out (parts) of my mental health, decorated my room a wee bit too, bought myself £70 of books in one go and loved them!
I've started learning web development and the piano!

I'm not very good at either :lol:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
that's so good! I wish I'd brought my uke to my new house. I'll have to grab it from my mum's at Christmas!

OMG !!!
not derailing the thread if I can help it but can you play any other instruments other than the uke

I also play piano, guitar and trumpet
I started playing chess quite a lot during lockdown and got to around 1600 on lichess (if that means anything to anyone) by the time uni started (though I haven't had much time to play during this term). I'll probably play more over the holidays.
Original post by stereotypeasian
OMG !!!
not derailing the thread if I can help it but can you play any other instruments other than the uke

I also play piano, guitar and trumpet

Guitar mainly, but I used to play the flute!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Guitar mainly, but I used to play the flute!

haha we're twining by 2 instruments :five:
Sorting out my abysmal mental health was a big one! I also started an EPQ and did loads of online courses which was really useful for my ucas application :smile:
Stress and loss of brain cells 🤩
I tried to learn morse code, but that didn’t go very well.
I baked a lot and did some travel journaling though!
This time next week I'll have finished my Masters course
Lost weight, sorted a bit of my mental health out and got onto a college course where I am really happy :smile:
got knocked up 🤣🤣
Grew a beard and moustache.
Sleeping at least 8 hours/day
Skill in procrastination has gone up by 700%.
It's not easy to do that! It's not easy to work from home if you aren't used to it, and many people lack to self discipline to manage it. that's an accomplishment!
Original post by jenhasdreams
got knocked up 🤣🤣

omg Jen!!! congrats you!!

Quick Reply

Latest