The Student Room Group

Should I Make a Portfolio?

Hi everyone!

The Film course that I have applied for does not require a portfolio for the application process, but I was wondering if I should make one regardless.

However, due to the generalised nature of the BTEC I am currently doing, I have next to nothing film-wise to add. Also, the film-related work I do have is not an accurate representation of my work.

Any advice?
Reply 1
A portfolio is a reflection of you and therefore you can put anything in it, from school work, side-projects and whatever else. Yes, if you have time, create one and use it because it will probably help the application now and almost certainly help any future job applications, particularly if you have a portfolio spanning several years.

It may be worth looking at how other people in the industry design their portfolios if possible.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by MelFrost
Hi everyone!

The Film course that I have applied for does not require a portfolio for the application process, but I was wondering if I should make one regardless.

However, due to the generalised nature of the BTEC I am currently doing, I have next to nothing film-wise to add. Also, the film-related work I do have is not an accurate representation of my work.

Any advice?

A showreel of work is something that you'll need to continually produce, adapt and add to if you want to work in film. Best to start as soon as possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending