The Student Room Group

University 2022 and COVID-19

I really want to go to a university far away from my home and I'm aware that I'll need to start applying this time next year. I'm just worried that COVID-19 will make it all online and so it will be pointless to go to a distant uni. Does anyone think this will be the case, or have similar concerns? I know we can't predict when this madness will all be over but I'm really anxious about it.
Reply 1
I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially because you still have a year before you even apply for university. I think everyone hopes things will be better by then but its a year and 9 months until the time you'd start and that's a lot of time for things to improve. I don't think things will be all online still at that point. I think people applying for 2021 start (myself included) are worried about it a lot too because in the next 9 months the situation could still be that a lot of learning is online and there's still restrictions on what we can do. all anyone can do really is hope for the best and follow the rules set out by government
Original post by kke.cr_
I really want to go to a university far away from my home and I'm aware that I'll need to start applying this time next year. I'm just worried that COVID-19 will make it all online and so it will be pointless to go to a distant uni. Does anyone think this will be the case, or have similar concerns? I know we can't predict when this madness will all be over but I'm really anxious about it.

September 2022 is a long time away. Covid really hit the UK march/April. Its only been 7 months and look how much has changed. I think 24 months from now the world is going to be a very different place.

Start doing research into unis, once the summer roles around you can start refining what to look for and you'll be in a much better place to start looking at what you want from a uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending