The Student Room Group

what to pick for my options?

i would love to be a lawyer in the future but i dont know what subjects to pick for my options
Hi it doesn’t matter what you take for your GCSEs in relevance to what you want to become when you’re older, just pick things that you enjoy and are good at:smile:
Reply 2
but i would also love to pick options that would benifet me but thank you
Original post by Miriam1234

It’s okay, I don’t think there are any gcse subject that can help you become a lawyer but then again your school might offer different subject to mine
Reply 4
ok thank you do you study law ?

I think you can get into law with English which is already compulsory, maybe history or another humanity? There are so many different branches of law, so it would be worth researching which one you are interested in and looking at any possible specifications. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by gardengnome_
I think you can get into law with English which is already compulsory, maybe history or another humanity? There are so many different branches of law, so it would be worth researching which one you are interested in and looking at any possible specifications. :smile:

thank you this has helped me i was looking for an answer like this
usually humanity subjects, i think one most likely that’ll help is history and english, same w a levels when the time comes. apparently universities aren’t too fond of law as an a level subject we’ve been told, history/english are usually the better alternatives and even classics too if it’s offered at your school, if not it’s also a good a level x
Original post by karolinamcz
usually humanity subjects, i think one most likely that’ll help is history and english, same w a levels when the time comes. apparently universities aren’t too fond of law as an a level subject we’ve been told, history/english are usually the better alternatives and even classics too if it’s offered at your school, if not it’s also a good a level x

sorry if that didn’t make much sense ahah x
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by karolinamcz

no thank you it made alot of sense i enjoy history alot so i will definately be picking it for my options and do my a levels in history and english thank you so much
no thank you it made alot of sense i enjoy history alot so i will definately be picking it for my options and do my a levels in history and english thank you so much

no problem :smile: good luck!
i would love to be a lawyer in the future but i dont know what subjects to pick for my options

It depends upon what u like and/or what the college of your choice offers.

My sister took English, Business, Sociology and ICT in her AS and dropped ICT in A Levels.
I always suggest that one of your GSCEs should be a modern foreign language, as a skill for life. French may have been a struggle for me at that age but has been useful to me to this day.
Would strongly recommend History just in case your school prefers prior experience of it at GCSE before A-level, as it's a good A-level choice for a Law undergraduate degree. Other than that, pick ones you'll do well in - it's the grade that counts rather than the actual subject at GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest